Customer Integration Consultant
FourKites is looking for an experienced Customer Integration Consultant who will work directly with our Fortune 100 customers to handle implementation and integration of our innovative tracking software within existing systems, such as JDA, Oracle, SAP, etc.
This customer facing and hands-on technical position requires working in a team and as an individual, contributing to all aspects of system integration including design, needs analysis, design review, testing, implementation, and validation.
- Customer-facing technical project lead, working directly with customer’s business and technical contacts during all phases of project lifecycle
- Lead customer-facing technical design discussions, gathering client requirements and mapping them into a solution for deployment
- Responsible for the successful execution of the integration workstream on implementation projects with new and existing customers
- Drive best practice recommendations around setup of integrations and data transmission
- Document customer’s integration requirements and be able to translate details between business users and Engineering
- Lead integration testing effort in partnership with customer
- Partner with Implementation lead to proactively raise and mitigate workstream risks
- Scope technical work for integration engineering team, prioritizing projects and ensuring key requirements are provided up front
- Active participant in growing best practice offerings, develop documentation and sharing knowledge with internal and customer teams
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing technical consulting
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Services, Information Technology, Business Administration or other discipline related to functional work.
- Customer facing experience with enterprise-level clients
- Proven skill with verbal and written communication with both business and technical contacts
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot complex issues and find resolutions
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple projects and demands simultaneously
- Ability to work in a face-paced, agile environment
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Should be able to report issues back to the development team in a precise manner, be able to identify and reproduce the issue reported by the customer
- Understanding of leading TMSs, such as JDA, Oracle, SAP, BluJay, MercuryGate, etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocols (FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.)
- Working knowledge of web service calls (API, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Understanding of file structures (XML, EDI, flat file, etc.)
- Experience in the logistics industry or with Transportation Management Systems a plus
- Experience with Project Management concepts and methodologies
- Ability to travel up to 25%
FourKites is the fastest-growing predictive supply chain platform, backed by top-tier VC firms in Silicon Valley, Boston and Chicago, delivering real-time visibility and execution for Fortune 500 companies and third-party logistics firms. Using a proprietary algorithm to calculate shipment arrival times, FourKites enables customers to lower operating costs, improve on-time performance, and strengthen end-customer relationships. With a network of more than four million GPS/ELD devices, FourKites covers all modes including ocean, rail, parcel and over-the-road. The platform is optimized for mobile and equipped with market-leading end-to-end security. We look for smart, agile, creative team players who are ready to roll up their sleeves and deliver for our customers.