Customer Service Representative
Position Description: This position description provides the minimum job requirements as additional duties may be assigned by supervisors. The requirements listed are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities to qualify for the position. This job description is not a contract and does not change the employment "at will" relationship. FTD reserves its right to amend the job description at any time at its discretion.
Purpose of Position: Professionally assist our customers with product and gift selection, and the processing of orders. Resolve problems from existing orders by working with consumers and florists in accordance with FTD policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Talks to customers by phone to act as a consultant regarding our products and gifts in order to close a sale.
· Processes orders using the internal computer applications. Verifies and validates all information provided by the customer prior to submission.
· Negotiates effectively with customers and florists to uphold the Company's Product Guarantee Policy.
· Accurately documents all actions taken when working within a customer account.
· Responds to questions regarding existing orders including but not limited to; delivery status, product substitution approvals and other issues via email and by phone as appropriate.
· Accurately processes order cancellations and adjustments to order totals for customers and florists.
· Consistently achieve key indicators and performance standards as defined by call center management. Each CSR should review their own statistics on a daily basis in order to monitor their progress towards continual improvement.
· Provide consumers with quality service by following the scripting in the computer systems. This information is documented during the quality monitoring sessions.
· Read content from websites regarding a particular order or company policy/procedure and appropriately apply information to resolution.
· Read and retain information from call center memorandums, newsletters and training materials to effectively service customers.
· Participate in ongoing on-the-job training. This may include attending team meetings, huddles, one-on-one sessions with members of management, peer coaching, refresher training, as well as structured classroom training.
· Other Duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. If a reasonable accommodation is necessary, the employee must make the request and may be required to provide medical documentation. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
· High school diploma or general education degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience; Inbound call center experience desirable
· Excellent sales skills
· Clear problem solving skills
· Excellent communication and grammar skills, both written and oral
· Clear speaking voice and good listening skills
· Good typing/keyboarding skills
· Ability to handle pressure professionally and maintain even disposition
· Ability to show empathy and be persuasive
· Ability to control the call and conform to the customer's pace
· Good follow up skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects at once
· Ability to make quick decisions
· Must be flexible, receptive to change, and have the ability to adapt quickly to changing business requirements
· Knowledge of flowers and floral content preferred
· Technical experience with the Internet and demonstrated computer skills in MS Word and Excel