Customer Success Director
Hello, we’re Built In
We are a network of online communities for technology companies and startups. We connect talent to startups, cover local tech news and host events. Headquartered in Chicago, we currently operate in seven markets: Chicago, LA, NYC, Colorado, Austin, Boston and Seattle.
By working at Built In, you’ll have the chance to work directly with the latest and fastest-growing technology companies all around the country. We help other companies solve their biggest pain points — talent and awareness — with our employer branding and recruitment solutions.
We’re looking for a Director of Customer Success
We are looking for somebody with the experience and the drive to build, manage and scale a best-in-class customer success team-from the ground up! This team will oversee production operations, specifically overseeing the successful execution and delivery of branded content and events. Your team will work closely with internal teams and the customer directly to understand the customer’s expectations as well as the execution of the product itself. You’re a natural project manager who is passionate about creating processes and workflows that ensure the best experience for customers.
How you’ll contribute
Built In is growing fast and this is an exciting opportunity to build out this department from the ground up. You will be responsible for the following focus areas:
- Create and lead a new customer success team, including Account Coordinators and a Production Manager
- Manage fulfilment of branded content products (including content, video and photography production) and events (except for event logistics)
- Fulfill contracts at 100%+ to target of contract deliverables by month/quarter
- Work collaboratively with various departments, including Account Management, Content, Events, Finance and creative freelancers to ensure alignment and timely execution of contract deliverables
- Work with external consultant as well as other departments to implement project management software and train the team internally
- Track, measure and report on fulfillment goals and production weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Evaluate and automate processes whenever possible to help scale production and simplify experience for our customers and internal resources
What you need
- 4+ years of experience in a Customer Success leadership position
- 8+ years of Project Management experience
- Experience building and developing great Customer Success talent and capabilities
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships with customers and internal teams
- Proactive focus on delivering an outstanding customer experience and drive to achieve successful customer and business outcomes
- Proven track record of managing projects to successful completion on schedule
- Self-starter who works well under pressure, has great judgment, and knows how to prioritize and handle multiple deliverables to meet tight deadlines
What we value
- Communication - You should have exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to establish credibility and trust with our customer and within Built In. Honesty, transparency, and thoughtfulness are a must.
- Interest in and knowledge of the digital industry - You must be passionate about three things: (1) technology (2) building innovative digital products and services; and (3) helping companies grow. This is what we do.
- Getting the job done – You may need to work some evenings and weekends, and responding to customers outside of work hours. If you are passionate about the company and what you are creating, this will not appear as a job but yet a combination of life and work.
- Culture add – We treat each other and all members vital to the community with respect. Humility, selflessness and strong work ethic are requirements.
- Education - We value intelligence, personality, experience and overall fit over a degree.