Customer Success Specialist, Provider at Tempus (Chicago, IL)
Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
We are looking for a customer relations expert that can connect with customers by phone weekly, resolve order related issues, obtain business critical information from care teams, and provide ongoing service/support to ensure customer experience with Tempus is seamless as business and offerings evolve. Responsible for delivering an exceptional customer experience, building deep relationships with customers, and driving customer retention and re-order rate.
- Serve as a critical touchpoint between Tempus & our provider and care team customers while demonstrating a positive and professional image through phone and email communications
- Successfully manage high volume of client-facing interactions and establish strong, sustainable rapport
- Conduct strategic outreach with high frequency to ensure customers are educated on Tempus, understand Tempus products, services and processes; and have the supplies and information needed to successfully order tests, interpret results and leverage Tempus services to support best in class patient care
- Inform customers of information missing, but necessary to process a Tempus test and obtain information as quickly as possible to expedite processing
- Follow-up with customers to obtain information related to patient progress and outcomes to help build insights along the continuum of care
- Work with customers to triage order issues, both on a one-off basis and if Tempus notices any repeated trends
- Document all communication and maintain a database of client information in SFDC
- Use proactive problem solving skills to create and offer solutions to customers of varied complexity
- Follow all team SOP’s and document and/or escalate any deviations
- Work across the Customer Success team and cross-functionally to ensure we meet/exceed goals related to customer retention and (perceived + actual) turnaround time
- Maintain frequent contact with sales and other externally facing teams to ensure customer engagement efforts are aligned
- Provide relevant updates to internal teams in CS, Sales, CommOps, etc.
- Ability to understand and communicate scientific and/or technical information
- Ability to listen, interpret, and respond to customer questions, concerns or general inquiries
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain a professional and positive demeanor
- Adaptable to changing procedures, policies and work environment
- Highly organized and systematic with superb attention to detail
- Strong time management skills and ability to complete tasks with speed and accuracy while ensuring customer satisfaction
Education & Experience:
- 4 year college degree
- 2+ years of experience in customer-facing role, preferably in Healthcare or Life Sciences
- Track record of exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proven initiative and ability to work towards high-level team goals while independently delivering on mission-critical tasks
- Experience with common customer support systems (CRM, phone and ticketing systems, email, Microsoft office) and other internal communication tools