Customer Support Manager Team Lead at Motorola Solutions
If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.Company Overview
Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewAt Motorola Solutions, we help people be their best in the moments that matter. We help firefighters see around buildings and police officers see around street corners. Our work is very meaningful, impactful, and cutting edge and we invite you to explore it. We are the Best!
Motorola Solutions is a world leader in the field of professional mobile communications systems with an impressive heritage of technological innovations and a global base of installed systems. The group's main business is the implementation of mission critical digital mobile communication systems for Government & Public Safety Communications customers.
The Customer Support Manager Team Lead is responsible for the execution of all aspects of the Services business for the assigned Territory. Through the management of the Lifecycle Services teams, the CSM Team Lead is accountable for the sustainment, and management of all mission critical customer communications system contracts. Success is measured in terms of customer satisfaction, revenue growth, and gross margin performance.
The primary responsibility of the Customer Support Manager (CSM) is to effectively and efficiently manage the Lifecycle Service (LCS) business for their assigned customer contracts and ensure customer satisfaction with Motorola Public Safety Customers. The CSM Team Lead is responsible for the overall success of and relationship between the Customer’s Operation, Motorola Subcontractors, and Motorola. The LCS business is a combination of forecasting, proposing new services and contract renewals and building relationships with customers and subcontractors. Ensuring customer satisfaction involves proper delivery and execution of service contracts. If any service is not being performed up to contracted specifications or a process is not producing the correct results, the CSM will become involved and find a solution.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the Services organization consisting of Customer Support Managers, including accountability for hiring, mentoring, Performance Management and rewards planning activities.
- Oversees all day to day operations including revenue forecasting, cost management/containment, customer satisfaction, Lifecycle Services activities, in collaboration with the Sales team throughout the customer engagement.
- Lifecycle Services (LCS) responsibilities include the executions of service agreements, installation agreements, above-contract maintenance work, repair depot agreements and system upgrades.
- Provide customers a single point of contact for Customer management and ensure service delivery and Service Level Agreements (SLA) compliance.
- Work with customers to discuss concerns and drive corrective actions to closure.
- Manage and maintain services scope as per services contract and ensure customers understand their obligations in regard to service deliverables.
- Ensure that Customers receive appropriate and timely reporting as required by the Services Contract.
- Manage sub-contractors deliverables and adherence to agreed scope and outcomes.
- Manage product quality issues as needed (FSB’S)
- Engage as needed in the case management process to ensure proper service delivery
- Assist partners and vendors as needed with payment and billing issues
- Identify and implement areas for improvement to ensure improved service quality and best practice delivery.
- Ensure all operational documentations remain up to date and relevant.
- Manage third party vendors as needed
- Manage contract change management as needed.
- Assist Senior CSM’s with management of the MR assigned service contracts
- Work with National System Service (NSS) for contract loading, renewals, and service contract change order requests.
- Gather and provide Booking Packages to NSS for contract loading
- Work closely with the Motorola Program Manager (PM) to provide a smooth transition from project implementation to warranty support and service delivery.
- Work with customer and field teams to create and/or update existing Customer Support Plans (CSP)
- Create customer and service provider Statements of Work
- Execute contract documents and obtain customer purchase orders
- Manage the service contract renewal process for all assigned lower complexity service agreements; including but not limited to customer inventory updates, SOW updates, CSP updates, 3rd party vendor pricing updates / changes,
- Installation Agreements (write-up, obtain PO, and manage)
- Lead and manage the coordination of variation and other change request response and implementation of approved changes.
- Oversee the change implementation into service delivery operations in coordination with Customer.
- Work with customers on up-sell / cross-sell
- Participate in the forecasting of revenue and margin related to Maintenance Agreements, Work Tickets, and Installs.
- Achieve stated on time contract renewal goal
- Achieve stated services growth goal for assigned contracts
**Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer**
- Bachelor degree required.
- 8+ years customer service / support experience
- Basic financial acumen
- Computer skills (I.e. MS Office suite)
- Customer Satisfaction mindset
- Understanding of Motorola Solutions products and services
- Understanding of Oracle / Services Lifecycle tool and Excel.
- Strong working knowledge of the Customer Call Center and the Network Operations Center offerings and procedures as well as a strong command of communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to communicate with customer IT personnel regarding WLAN and wired infrastructures.
- Bachelor degree
- 8+ years customer service / support experience
Motorola Solutions is a U.S. Federal contractor and must comply with the recent U.S. Government Executive Order requiring that Federal contractors ensure that their U.S. employees are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Accordingly, Motorola Solutions requires all US employees, even those working from home, to be fully vaccinated unless entitled to a reasonable accommodation based on a qualified medical condition or religious belief.
If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a qualified medical condition or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation prior to moving forward with the recruitment process. As a part of this process you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, an offer for employment will not be made.
Travel RequirementsOver 50%
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.