Customer Support Manager at Truss
Truss is a leading online marketplace to help small and medium sized business owners find, tour and lease space. Our tech-enabled platform and our people help you find the right space for the best price in record time. Our technology enables business owners to find the right space confidently by comparing spaces in our marketplace. Truss also offers dedicated brokers who act as the point person throughout the seamless process. Plus, we are the only platform to offer price transparency for small business owners, which means we’re the only site to compare pricing on traditional office space and coworking space.
To date, Truss has received $24 million of venture funding and has grown rapidly to over 45 employees in just over 2 years. Truss offers a culture that is based on growth and innovation and offers terrific benefits including a 401k match, low-cost healthcare benefits, and the ability to lay the groundwork for operations strategy with a world-class tech team. And the industry has taken notice – we won CRE Tech Awards for Best Listing Marketplace and Tech-Enhance Brokerage, along with a Chicago Innovation Award.
For more information about Truss, visit us at www.truss.co.
Truss is seeking the first dedicated member for the Customer Support team to help establish and maintain support function for both tenant and landlord users.
- Provide an exceptional, full life cycle customer experience to our users through phone, email and chat to provide an efficient, seamless customer experience
- Troubleshoot incoming issues to determine the severity and escalate when needed
- Update customer information in Zendesk during and after each correspondence
- Customize Zendesk for Truss's needs by creating macros, triggers, automation, and custom metrics to establish benchmarks for the support team as our company continues to scale
- Proactively identify repeated issues, create How-To guides, and Index In Truss's Knowledge Base for faster, self-service support
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to communicate user management needs as well as product enhancements / bugs
- Deliver exceptional quality and satisfaction scores and maintain other KPIs to be determined by management
- Hire and manage additional members of the Customer Support team as inquiries grow
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 4+ years work experience in a customer facing position at a technology company; high-growth or early-stage start-up experience a plus
- Built and managed teams previously
- Helpful by nature with demonstrated patience and attentiveness in all communication and interactions
- Motivation to meet and exceed expectations in a metrics driven environment
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to master technology products and troubleshoot on demand
- Ticket management experience; Zendesk experience a plus
Why This Role is Cool:
- Be one of the early employees at one of the hottest Chicagoland area startups
- Help to build out a primary business function as an early member of the Truss customer support team
- Work on a collaborative team that values teamwork, out of the box thinking, and effective communication
- Be part of a company that is revolutionizing the commercial real estate industry!
The chosen candidate will receive an attractive compensation and bonus plan and will be eligible to participate in the Company’s group benefits, which include health, dental, vision, short-term disability, voluntary life insurance, Flexible Spending, 401(k), expense account and more.