Customer Support Representative
As a Customer Support Representative, you will provide front-line problem solving and document triage directly to customers and prospective customers for our software product. In addition, our Customer Support Representatives provide over-the phone training and consultative guidance to customers.
Your responsibilities will be focused on answering customer and prospective customer questions related to installation, implementation or standard product usage via the phone or email. In addition, you will assist customers and prospective customers with issues related to their unique implementation of our software products.
- Conduct periodic status checkpoints with customers on outstanding issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Reproduce simple to moderately complex problems with all of the software products.
- Provide analysis, repair and reporting related to Word documents as part of service and as part of the pre-sales process.
- Lead Web-based product demonstrations to customers and prospective customers.
- Lead Web-based training sessions with customers and prospective customers.
- Provide toolbar customizations and other value-added services to customers and prospective customers.
- Work with minimal supervision.
- Learn new things quickly. Adapt to new situations quickly.
- Deconstruct problems in a logical and structured manner.
- Diligently solve problems.
- Communicate issues and status in a clear and timely manner.
- Manage customer/prospective customer relationships effectively.
- Manage multiple assignments in a fast-moving environment.
- Work effectively with a team.
- Keep colleagues, customers and prospective customers informed via clear communication.
- Think on one's feet.
- Capture, understand and communicate customer and prospective customer needs to appropriate people.
- Work extended hours as part of a scheduled rotation.
- Interpret specifications and build solutions to those specifications.
- Manage sensitive customers and prospective customers.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding writing skills
- 1-3 years of experience providing customer-facing customer service or software support preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Word styles and formats
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange and email messaging systems
- VBA experience desired
- XML experience desired
- College degree in MIS or computer programming preferred