Customer Support Specialist
Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
Scout RFP is looking for a highly motivated individual to join its growing Customer Success team. Customer Support Specialists work closely with customers throughout their lifecycle, including assisting with on-boarding new accounts, presenting Scout RFP to customer users for training, and supporting their ongoing daily operations and goals. You will play a vital role in how customers perceive Scout.
Scout RFP users will present you with a range of interesting challenges, from technical to business problems. As you mature in this role, you will be able to proactively recommend best practices learned from interacting with professionals across our customer base and internally.
Candidates must be self-motivated individuals who love working with a passionate and collaborative team, solving problems, working with different software, delighting customers, and continually improving company processes and culture. You must have previous experience learning on your own, as well as accessing knowledge from others, an ability to thrive in unknown territory, and a desire to contribute.
What you'll accomplish:
- Operate as a lead point of contact for all incoming customer requests and concerns
- Educate and empower our customers to become better users of Scout
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Respond to all questions/concerns related to Scout and escalate to the appropriate team when necessary
- Proactively look for solutions to problems and propose improvements to internal teams
- Create and update content and documentation for Scout's HelpDesk and User Guides
What you'll need to be successful:
- Undergraduate 4-year degree from a reputable college/University
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- General web and software skills
- Capable of on-the-spot decision-making and problem-solving
- Comfortable with managing multiple tasks and expectations across team members and customers
- Experience with creating and manipulating spreadsheets in Excel
- Client facing experience preferred (retail, client support, or customer service)
- You MUST be living in the greater Chicago area to be considered
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description