Desktop Support Specialist – Badging at SDI Presence
As part of the project’s team, the Desktop Support Specialist provides support to the client’s badging operators and managers. This role is the face of the badging support team and blends application, desktop, and integration support. This position supports both hardware and software while also providing end-user technical support and assistance.
The Desktop Support Specialist is client-facing and requires interaction with many different stakeholders. Serves both internal and external customers. This position reports to the Security Services Manager.
The Desktop Support Specialist responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain hardware and software for Access Control and Badging Systems
- Design, develop, test, and implement new system software modules and enhancements to current systems
- Must stay current on technology and provide roadmaps and recommendations for device upgrades
- Design, develop, test, and implement diagnostic utilities to analyze and report system status and performance
- Attend client meetings
- Assist staff with the installation, configuration and ongoing usability of desktop computers, peripheral equipment, and software
- Work with other team members and teams to cooperatively resolve issues
- Meet documented service level agreements
- Create/update system or user documentation.
- Development of team members
- Train users on new modules and processes related to the badging system
- Follow IT development processes such as change management, configuration management, security compliances
- Interact with customers to solve problems quickly and effectively – desktop and user support
- Other relevant duties as required by the Security Services Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Information Systems, or other technical programs, or five (5) years’ experience supporting an enterprise desktop environment
- History of progressive advancement in job responsibilities
- Experience with data integration
- Basic understanding of database architecture
- Demonstrated ability to multitask
- Advanced usage of Microsoft Office Products
- Desire to constantly learn and use new technical skills
- Required to work on-call and extra hours as needed
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Pass approval procedure for IDFPR PERC
- Pass approval for airport badge
- Pass approval for Custom and Border Protection airport access
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.