This is a key role within WBA IT as O365 becomes a true global WBA service and a platform for productivity and innovation. The Director, 365 Solutions & Services role owns our O365 estate and the strategy related to its use, support, expansion and exploitation.
WBA is looking to leverage the benefits of the O365 technology stack for messaging, collaboration, automation, identity and device management. By the end of 2020 we will have established the core 0365 foundation across WBA and the focus will be on realizing business benefits by fully exploiting the technology.
This role will work with senior leaders across IT, corporate functions (security, HR, legal etc) and the business to understand how the tools can better support current ways of working and be used to unlock new benefits in productivity, automation and collaboration while maintaining a robust security position.
The role will lead a team of internal O365 experts, supported by an outsourced operational service. The role is accountable for the support, delivery and strategic roadmap of all the technologies and services covered by the O365 technology stack. The underlying policies associated to the O365 products will also be in scope as we look to standardize these across WBA.
In shaping the strategy, this role will work with Microsoft on the development of products to understand how future product changes will impact or benefit WBA. In addition, coordinates with Microsoft on any ‘proof of concept’ collaborations that are progressed for WBA.
Owns the adoption of a 3rd party factory model that will be used by the business to develop future solutions in Teams, Power Apps and SharePoint. For support, they will be accountable for ensuring the outsourced provider is effectively operating our O365 estate.
- This role is accountable for the strategy & the roadmap for the overall O365 WBA estate, working with senior management to shape and deliver solutions
- Engages in operational support as the senior point of escalation for any of the 0365 technology stack, including holding the outsourced vendor accountable for all 0365 support services.
- Leads delivery via 3rd party factory model for MS products (including Teams, Power Apps, etc.)
- Works closely with key groups on WBA IT policies related to the products
- Partners with MS for strategy & product development
- Understands adoption cases from other businesses outside WBA that could be beneficial internally
- Implements policies and defines approach to strategy achievement for O365. Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies and decisions.
- Manages budgets, operational plans and performance requirements for O365. Responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within and outside of the organization. Shares highly complex information. Interacts with senior management to keep abreast of objectives. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to interpret information and improve cross-functional processes and programs. Builds and enhances key internal and external contacts.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company’s size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
- is present in more than 25* countries
- employs more than 440,000* people
- has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
- has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.
The Company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list. An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience with IT end-user services OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 year of experience with IT end-user services
- Experience leading 0ffice 365 deployments and support in a large, multi-national organization
- Experience developing technology strategy
- Experience with vendor and vendor contract management, including SLA review.
- Experience working collaboratively and influencing key senior stakeholders in the business & IT
- Experience working with internal partners, such as security, legal and compliance functions
- Experience working with senior leaders, such as VP, SVP
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial business decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership, and/or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state, out of state & infrequent/limited travel to the United Kingdom).
- Experience with vendor management with Microsoft and offshore delivery providers