Director, Client Solutions
Engine delivers modern marketing solutions. Powered by data, driven by results and guided by expertise, we help our clients make connections that count—leading to bottom line growth, an inspired workplace and business transformation. The businesses that make up the Engine group cover multiple practice areas: from cutting edge market intelligence and customer experience to performance-driven content and digital media distribution. Together they work to accelerate growth for brands across a broad range of verticals. At Engine, we not only advocate a positive work-life balance, we enforce it. Our flexible time off policy ensures our staff can take time out to focus on the things that matter, while our comprehensive benefits package includes everything from health and dental insurance to travel, 401K and legal assistance.
Seeking a Director level researcher that has proven experience with relationship based business development, is passionate about analyzing data, drawing insights and writing compelling stories that persuade, educate, and/or recommend.The right fit will join a driven and curious team of researchers that embrace change and stay one step ahead. The ideal candidate will be able to work in our Bloomington (Minneapolis) office or be willing to relocate to the areas. May consider candidates in or near our Cincinnati or Chicago office.
- Scope and budget client engagements.
- Lead and manage multiple teams responsible for fulfilling client work and engagements.
- Draft proposals, research instruments, including learning agendas, questionnaires and discussion guides which address the client’s research objectives.
- Coordinate project needs with internal and external vendors.
- Oversee fieldwork to ensure quality, timing and budget needs are met.
- Generate analytic plans, including data processing and tab specifications.
- Perform logic checks of the information presented on tables/graphs and other client deliverables.
- Design complex tables, charts, and graphs to communicate information needs.
- Prepare well-organized and insightful client presentations and participate in presenting to clients as needed.
- Lead client meetings and updates related to tactical subjects.
- Answer client questions and respond to project needs.
- Ability to manage all aspects of a research project including
composing questionnaires, managing the fielding process, writing an analysis and tab plan, and formatting and writing reports.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner. Ability to interface effectively with clients and support resources (e.g. tab, field, coding, etc.).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demistify the data and connect it to the clients business issue.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and direct several projects simultaneously while maintaining project deliverables, quality, and integrity.
- Capable of interfacing effectively and building relationships with clients.
- Capable of handling difficult client situations in a tactful and
- Strong analytical thought, problem solving and storytelling skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Education, Knowledge and Certificates:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; advanced degree preferred
- 7-10 years of primary market research experience is required.
- Experience across CPG, Retail, Grocery, and/or CX sectors required.
- Desire experience in the following methodologies: Loyalty, Client Supplied Sample, Brand Health, Brand Tracking, Brand Advertising, Awareness and Usage Market place analysis, Shopper & Journey, Concept testing, IHUT.
- Supplier side experience is required; welcome blended experience in both supplier and client side.
- Previous client service and running research projects experience is required.
- Experience managing at least 1-2 people.