Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team designs and implements a compliance program that enables Affirm to proactively adhere to regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential regulatory issues that may arise. Our Compliance program activities include advisory, guidance & training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, escalation, and oversight. As the second line of defense, Compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives.
We seek a Compliance Director to support marketing and product development at Affirm! In enabling the company’s growth, Compliance plays a fundamental role by executing key deliverables and providing subject matter expertise. In this capacity, the Compliance Director will determine strategy and lead all aspects of the compliance advisory framework related to marketing and product development across Affirm’s lending and savings portfolios.What you’ll do:
- Lead a team of compliance professionals responsible for providing compliance advisory support on end-to-end product development and marketing.
- Assess current processes, identify gaps, determine strategy, and implement scalable processes to support company growth.
- Support the compliance issue management program to ensure timely remediation of compliance risks and vulnerabilities related to marketing and product launches.
- Collaborate with the VP of Consumer Compliance to ensure leadership visibility into compliance risks impacting key initiatives and company growth.
- Support the compliance management system, including policy maintenance, risk assessment, audits and exams, and more!
- 10+ years of professional experience in Compliance, Bank Regulatory or Operational Risk, with a particular emphasis on marketing compliance and product development.
- 5+ years of leadership experience.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence, empower, and lead others within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate complex regulatory concepts clearly and concisely to non-compliance individuals.
- Ability to grasp technical concepts which impact product implementation and/or marketing.
- Experience working with consumer financial laws and regulations including but not limited to TILA, UDAAP, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, ECOA, EFTA.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships across the organization and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.