Director, Contact Center (P&C) at Clearcover
Who is Clearcover?
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest growing startups in Chicago, and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
What is the role?
Our Director, Contact Center (Insurance P&C) will be responsible for the strategic planning and execution of all customer and agent support contact strategies. This position will be responsible for customer interactions that occur when customers opt out of the mobile or online sales or service flow. In addition, this position will be responsible for leading a team that provides sales and service support for licensed insurance agents that sell Clearcover’s products. Job responsibilities include workforce planning, quality management, IVR solution & analytics. The role will include direct leadership and management of inbound, outbound, chat and all vendors performing contact services on behalf of the company. The Director, Contact Center (Insurance P&C) will be responsible for building and expanding Clearcover’s contact centers, currently located in Chicago, Phoenix and Sacramento.
Core duties include management of key processes for the continuous improvement of the customer and agent experience. Tactical emphasis placed on quality management, productivity goals, workforce planning, and staffing, recruiting, coaching and training. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous staff development programs enhancing employee engagement, service quality, cross knowledge building, hard and soft skill building, and team member retention.
Success is measured by the organization's ability to optimize the net promoter score results of customers and agents that interact with Clearcover through our contact centers. This role will work closely with Clearcover’s product leadership to develop technical product solutions that optimize the customer experience between online and offline interactions based on customer preference.
What will you do?
- Develop strategic key performance indicators and tactical plans; provide leadership to ensure the organization meets these established goals.
- Lead, motivate and develop management staff in assigned operational areas. Build a shared commitment to improving business performance, and develop both individual and team capabilities.
- Partner with Human Resources to coordinate employee relations activities to ensure a proactive, participatory, and engaged workplace environment exists.
- Review performance metrics, reports and develop action plans to ensure performance targets are met through the continuous improvement process. Conduct monthly operational reviews with Clearcover’s executive team.
- Ensure that quality standards, procedures and policies are properly maintained in accordance with regulatory, and compliance guidelines.
- Oversee the vendor relationships of our contact center solutions and effectively manage vendor expenses.
- Partner with technical product and IT Teams in developing new products, services & processes in support of Clearcover’s customer and agent engagement strategy.
- Utilize quantitative data to drive business decisions and demonstrate measurable value added to the organization.
- Maintain Customer Advocate Schedule with assistance from Sales & Service Manager and Team Leads to ensure proper coverage for customer interactions
- Review and enhance our business continuity plan and maintain service levels even during unexpected events and critical situations.
What do you need?
- P&C Insurance Experience
- Experience building and expanding contact centers usually associated with 10+ years of experience in managing customer contact centers.
- Financial Services, Insurance Industry, Financial Technology space experience preferred, with experience leading a management team.
- Knowledge and understanding of call/contact center dynamics and operating metrics, including technology and operational performance requirements.
- Strong commitment to customer service and quality required.
- Experience working with technical product teams to optimize customer and agent interactions
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally in ambiguous situations to solve complex problems and improve quality and customer experience.
- Communicates recommendations to management/senior business leaders through effective written and verbal communication.
- Results-driven, detail oriented, highly organized, self-motivated and self-managed leader with a strong ownership mentality.
- Ability to manage change & timelines, prioritize and multi-task in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability developing employee leadership skills, evaluating performance and managing performance related issues.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Property & Casualty Producer license as required
- Familiarity with CRM & support systems and practices
But wait, there’s more:
As a people-first company, your health and well-being is a priority at Clearcover. While we do offer medical (and cover the vast majority of the premium), dental, vision (and cover 100% of those premiums) and 401K (we contribute 3% even if you contribute nothing), we’ve curated a stack of perks and benefits that stretch beyond the expected. With over half of our employees remote to the Chicago HQ office, we paved the way for flexible work locations and continue to offer this flexibility. Our people also have access to unlimited vacation, monthly mental health workshops, discounted gym memberships, equity in the company and an annual bonus program. Plus, if Clearcover is available in your state, you could have access to an employee discount on auto-insurance! Excited to learn more? Complete the application below!
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.