Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description
Discover Financial Services (DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home equity loans, checking and savings accounts and certificates of deposit through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Global Network comprised of Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in 190 countries and territories.
Discover’s vision is to be the leading direct bank and payments partner and its mission is to help people spend smarter, manage debt better and save more so they achieve a brighter financial future.
At Discover, be p art of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Director of Corporate Services Applications will lead their department in defining the technology strategy and roadmap for HR, CRM, Legal, Audit & Internal Applications. This includes partnering closely with the HR, CRM, Legal and Audit stakeholders to define the target state technology architecture, determining capabilities and applications that should be maintained, retired or invested. It also includes leading team of senior engineering managers to acquire, retain and build the capabilities of architects and engineers aligned to product team structures to successfully execute against these plans.
In addition, the Director will ensure all compliance and regulatory requirements for technology are satisfied, manage the budget for the department to ensure annual productivity gains and cost savings, address all operational issues to ensure incidents are corrected and prevented for future reoccurrence and ensure all delivery & operational key performance metrics are in place and regularly reviewed with stakeholders.
- Defines technology strategy, solutions and architecture including the ongoing product team structure that will support the required technology capabilities with key stakeholders including regularly sharing and reviewing progress of product teams within the area with business partners, leadership and team members.
- Partners with business in defining technology roadmap and acts as primary decision maker on what build/buy decisions should be made to support necessary business capabilities. This includes conducting analysis on overall business/technology strategic fit, budget implications and alignment to company and area technology roadmap.
- Leads senior managers, lead engineers and architects in creating and maintaining systems and processes that support the ongoing talent development and capability building of the engineers within the department. Ensures all direct reports receive regular coaching and performance feedback and continue to grow their skillsets within their roles. This includes promptly staffing all roles with diverse talent and addressing any performance related issues.
- Leads team to ensure all compliance and operational excellence requirements are met including timely closure and prevention of audit findings, security vulnerabilities, customer impacting events and production incidents. This includes outlining shifts in technology architecture and design to prevent issues from occurring and create more resilient and available technology solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8+ years of experience in technology, project management or a related experience.
- Exceptional oral communication and writing skills with the ability to manage up knowing which issues and when to escalate to keep leadership informed
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.