Director - Customer Experience
Tribune Publishing -- publishers of world-class media brands like Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News and Baltimore Sun -- is seeking a dynamic and engaged leader to be a catalyst for the company’s overall customer experience strategy, serving as the voice of the customer, articulating and executing our long-term customer vision, optimizing customers’ experiences with our products and services, and impacting our brand strength, revenue and growth. This role will report to the CMO and work alongside all operating business units.
This individual will be a key member of the consumer-focused leadership team and will be accountable for developing and executing our customer experience strategy to build a sustainable, institutionalized customer-obsessed culture. This leader will serve as an evangelist and senior advisor that will own a deep portfolio of influence and responsibilities that will be critical in meeting our goals and creating lasting value for the organization and its customers.
- Establish and execute the company’s overall vision and strategy for customer experience, engagement and satisfaction.
- Conduct a customer experience internal assessment and collaborate closely with customers and teams to define the near- and long-term customer experience strategy and roadmap.
- Launch a formal “Voice of the Customer” program and utilize insights from surveys and other customer listening approaches to establish key areas of focus for improving customer experience.
- Drive prioritization, execution and accountability in targeted experience improvements. Publish and maintain improvements roadmap.
- Determine and communicate “north star” metric for CX bottom-line impact; identify root cause analysis and areas of opportunity to improve CSAT/NPS.
- Partner with Product organization to incorporate customer-centric design principles and journey mapping into product and service design processes.
- Leverage data to identify key opportunities for improving CX, building customer loyalty, and addressing key “moments of truth.”
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to affect change via people, policies and/or system changes.
- Partner with HR to drive overall customer-obsession and employee engagement through talent acquisition, engagement, recognition, and development programs.
- BS/BA in Marketing, Operations, Communications, or related field, MBA a plus
- 10+ years’ experience in a digital role, with a preference for work in the newspaper/publishing/media industry.
- Proven track record of identifying and executing customer service / customer experience initiatives that meaningfully improve customer satisfaction
- Excellent analytical skills to define success metrics and key performance indicators; to define ROI of activities; and to regularly measure performance against previously agreed upon goals
- Successful track record of managing a cross-functional team, especially leading those who don’t directly report to the role
- Significant problem-solving, communication and organizing skills
- Product and project management experience with the determination and ability to drive a project from concept to launch through multiple departments