Director of Customer Support at ScoutRFP, a Workday Company
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:39 p.m. (CST) on Friday, January 24, 2020
Scout is the sourcing and supplier engagement platform trusted by procurement teams to streamline their process, manage a unified pipeline of projects, and collaborate with stakeholders and suppliers. Scout’s powerful platform drives profitability and makes enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent, giving CPOs the tools they need to transform their organizations.
Over 250 global brands trust Scout to provide greater visibility across stakeholders and suppliers, centralize core processes, measure effectiveness, and make procurement teams crazy successful by delivering better business outcomes. Our simple, effective interface enables companies to streamline supplier selection, manage vendors, centralize data, and make more informed purchasing decisions, faster.
Scout is hiring a highly motivated Director of Customer Support to join our team in our Chicago office. This is a full-time, high-activity role that will require you to manage 8-10 Customer Support Specialists directly and lead relationships and resolve customer inquiries with cross-functional teams such as Marketing, Product, and Sales. Scout provides training resources and executive mentorship continuously to help you achieve monthly and quarterly goals, with opportunities for increased compensation.
Recently acquired by Workday, Scout is growing at a fast yet measured pace, and is dominating the Source to Settle market of the enterprise Procurement software landscape. Our Customer Support team is consistently adding high-performing A-players with a thirst for growth and the desire to support customers in any/every industry and vertical. Our team supports customers of all sizes and across all verticals, which requires our process to be focused yet adaptable. No single company owns the start of the relationship between enterprise customers and their suppliers, and this is Scout’s focus. We are well-positioned when enterprises move to automate their sourcing and procurement workflows.
- Reporting manager to 8-10 Customer Support Specialists responsible for answering & resolving customer inquiries about the Scout product
- Collaborate with customer success, engineering and product teams to ensure responsive and high-quality customer interactions.
- Oversee & optimize the customer support channel including ticketing, live phone support, and educational/training content for Scout customers.
- Proactively look for solutions to problems and propose improvements to internal teams
- Build your own & your team’s in-depth technical knowledge of the Scout tool in order to support customer inquiries & troubleshooting
- Operate as an escalation point for customer technical issues & requests
- Manage onboarding and continuous education for members of the support team and mentor new hires
- Undergraduate 4-year degree from a college/University
- 7+ year experience in SaaS B2B
- 7+ years working in a customer success, product/technical manager, or application implementation role
- 3+ years leading a customer/technical support team
- Strong technical knowledge and ability to quickly learn new software & systems
- Comfortable with managing multiple tasks and expectations across team members and customers
- Plus for experience working in Jira, Zendesk or Metabase
Mission: Our mission is to make enterprise commerce faster, less risky, and more transparent.
Competition: We compete with legacy data, spreadsheets and even pen and paper. We are an intuitive, cloud-based software that helps procurement professionals source fast and make a bigger business impact.
Smart and sustainable growth: We are rapidly growing, and very intentional about planning for future growth. The money goes into the business and continues to build and bring the best product possible to market.
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision coverage. Unlimited PTO. Health Savings Accounts. 401(k) plan. Pre-tax commuter benefits. Retirement plan. Lunch twice a week. Fully stocked kitchen. We are always evaluating our options to do what we can to bring the best to our employees.
Transparency: Lots of companies say it, few of them actually live it. We live transparency every day - just ask a Scout employee to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Scout RFP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Read Full Job Description