Director, Global Information Technology Controls (IT SOX)
The Director, Global Information Technology Controls leads and provides oversight of the Company’s WBA Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT Program. Responsible for end-to end-leadership of all aspects of IT SOX coordination for legacy systems (excluding SAP) including scoping, testing, audit, deficiency management and reporting. Leads the global coordination and oversight of divisional teams that execute IT SOX testing, ensuring consistency in approach and methodology. Supports key Company initiatives from an IT compliance perspective to ensure the right systematic controls are built within the project/processes and aligned to the overall framework. In partnership with Finance and IT leadership, identifies and prioritizes opportunities for process improvement and standardization within the Finance and IT functions.
- Responsible for end-to-end leadership of the Company’s global IT SOX program for all legacy systems (excluding SAP) including scoping, testing, audit, deficiency management and reporting.
- Partners with Finance and IT leadership to identify and prioritize opportunities for process improvement and standardization within the Finance and IT functions and to ensure that the Retail Pharmacy USA and WBA corporate functions are in compliance with SOX.
- Works closely with the SAP Director, within Financial Controls, to ensure consistency in testing approach for legacy IT systems and SAP, promoting a best-in-class IT control environment.
- Maintains the global scope of IT systems, risks, controls, owners, etc. to facilitate the annual SOX testing program.
- Provides oversight and global coordination of divisional teams that execute IT SOX testing in accordance with the IT SOX framework and program. Develops and implements plans to test all key systems and IT controls. Partners with IT and business leaders to identify gaps and implement remediation plans to address them.
- Provides expertise and guidance to streamline and automate the IT control testing process, championing the use of best-in-class tools to facilitate a more efficient and stronger IT control environment.
- Supports key Company initiatives from an IT compliance perspective to ensure the right systematic controls are built within the project/processes and aligned to the overall framework.
- Develops and manages a team to execute internal control testing, auditing, and financial process improvement initiatives. Ensures that audit issues are well defined and root causes are identified.
- Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens Boots Alliance (Nasdaq: WBA) is a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy, touching millions of lives every day through dispensing and distributing medicines, its convenient retail locations, digital platforms and health and beauty products. The Company has more than 100 years of trusted healthcare heritage and innovation in community pharmacy and pharmaceutical wholesaling.
WBA is the largest retail pharmacy, health and daily living destination across the U.S. and Europe. WBA is one of the world’s largest purchasers of prescription drugs and many other health and wellbeing products. The Company’s size, scale, and expertise will help position us to expand the supply of, and address the rising cost of, prescription drugs in the U.S. and worldwide.
Including through its equity method investments, WBA:
- is present in more than 25* countries
- employs more than 440,000* people
- has more than 18,750* stores in 11* countries
- has one of the largest global pharmaceutical wholesale and distribution networks, with more than 400* distribution centers delivering to more than 240,000** pharmacies, doctors, health centers and hospitals each year in more than 20* countries.
The Company’s portfolio of retail and business brands includes Walgreens, Duane Reade, Boots and Alliance Healthcare, as well as increasingly global health and beauty product brands, such as No7, Soap & Glory, Liz Earle, Botanics, Sleek MakeUP and YourGoodSkin.
WBA’s purpose is to help people across the world lead healthier and happier lives. The Company is proud to be a force for good through its contributions to healthy communities, a healthy planet, an inclusive workplace and a sustainable marketplace. Our businesses have been recognized for their Corporate Social Responsibility. Walgreens was named to FORTUNE*** magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list and Boots UK was recognized as Responsible Business of the Year 2019-2020 by Business in the Community.
The Company is included in FORTUNE's 2019 list of the World’s Most Admired Companies and ranked first in the food and drugstore category. This is the 26th consecutive year that WBA or its predecessor company, Walgreen Co., has been named to the list.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, MIS or Computer Science and at least 6 years of experience in IT, IT Audit, IT Compliance and/or Information Security OR High School diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience in IT, IT Audit, IT Compliance and/or Information Security.
- Experience applying IT and audit principles and ISACA or IIA Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing or relevant IT compliance program experience.
- Experience developing and managing IT compliance programs and teams including Continuous Controls Monitoring.
- Experience in process design and review, risk assessment in business and/or systems processes, and evaluation of internal controls including knowledge of SAP.
- Experience with accessing, analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Project management experience, including resource management.
- Experience presenting to and coordinating senior level meetings.
- Intermediate level skill in Microsoft Suite of Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio).
- At least2 years of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 3 years of experience of cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 15% of the time for business purposes (domestic and international).
- Master’s degree in Accountancy or MBA.
- CPA designation.
- Experience in managing SOX Compliance programs in a large, multinational organization.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).