Director, Monitoring Solutions at Ensono
The Director, Monitoring Solutions will leverage our existing monitoring platforms to optimize proactive detection and automated resolution of issues before they become incidents. This position works closely with our operations team to understand and overcome the people, process and technology issues required to ensure the highest levels of application availability and performance for customers. This position also works closely with the Product and Technology office , as the operational arm for our tools, to identify and execute key initiatives required to continuously improve our monitoring capabilities and the customer experience. The ideal candidate will bring a strong breadth and depth of customer-facing operational experience as well as a proven track record for leveraging industry-leading monitoring and ITSM solutions as the means of enhancing the customer experience through improved application availability and performance.
- Assess and analyze the performance of the existing monitoring tools against the infrastructure supported. Identify gaps and opportunities for enhanced, proactive performance.
- Define and document monitoring standards across our monitoring tools for different platforms (compute, storage, and network across mainframe, distributed and public cloud domains)
- Implement an application performance monitoring solution as the proactive means to detect and mitigate issues to enhance the customer experience
- Identifying and monitoring key critical success factors for monitoring quality and continuously improving signal to noise.
- Working in conjunction with our Technology Department, lead efforts to migrate customers from legacy monitoring platforms to the desired future state platforms
- Work directly with our large account teams to define and implement custom monitoring requirements
- Lead cross-functional teams using an agile development methodology to continuously improve our monitoring capabilities
- Maintain and develop monitoring quality to prevent client impacting situations
- Develop a path towards automating standard tasks, developing intuitive detection and autocorrection, and automate remediation of alerts.
- Engaged in industry best practices, future trends, and processes for continuous improvement in our monitoring automation performance
- Work across functional areas with key stakeholders to understand pain points, opportunities to transform operational performance and drive client and associate experience
- Adapt with the changing requirements of the business as we grow, seeking different solutions as needed to continuously evolve our monitoring performance.
- Provide coaching and leadership to a team of software developers to build and maintain engagement, high performance as well as skills and career development
- A minimum of 15 years’ enterprise monitoring experience; or BS Degree in engineering or equivalent technical major, with 6 years of enterprise monitoring experience.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a leadership capacity with technical teams, including software developers
- Expertise in industry-leading monitoring tools such as BMC Truesight, Entuity, New Relic, Datadog, and CA.
- Demonstrated success in leveraging monitoring automation tools and platforms and integration into ServiceNow ITSM workflow automation.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to influence, convey information at an appropriate level to the intended audience, and build trusted relationships.
- Brings curiosity, keen technical insight, passion for learning that will be instrumental in assessing, analyzing and uncovering new and better ways to deliver solutions.