Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Provides leadership, vision, processes, and solutions to build and drive the execution of the process automation strategic roadmap. This position plays a critical role in the identification of automation opportunities while matching them to appropriate tools and sustainable approaches to simplify work and improve the effectiveness of the Operations workforce. The Director of Process Automation is responsible for improving operational metrics for scalability and quality by creating more efficient end-end business processes through automation. This includes supporting operational processes and performance as well as resource and financial planning and control activities. The Director of Process Automation establishes controls to guide Paylocity’s initiatives to be implemented through a measurement-based strategy ensuring on time delivery and robust adoption
Reports To: VP Business Operations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engages with business partners and stakeholders to identify opportunities and streamline current business processes.
- Builds and updates a prioritization roadmap for process automation projects based on effort required, risk, ROI, and other factors.
- Collaborates and partners with business functions and individuals in achievement of their goals.
- Organizes and manages complex process automation and enabling technology projects across multiple teams in various departments to successful completion
- Implements identified automation while maintaining quality standards/metrics which improve the customer experience.
- Proactive in communication, relationship building, gap identification, risk mitigation, change management and all elements of initiative execution.
- Implements and adheres to a project/process methodology to mature the organization’s ability to deliver high-quality solutions.
- Utilizes process improvement and control methodologies including Lean Six Sigma to evaluate the capability of relevant operations processes.
- Directly and indirectly manages staff members and teams in support of process automation project delivery.
- Ensures all projects incorporate knowledge management tasks to deliver high-quality knowledge to staff as a project deliverable.
- Establishes timely/consistent communication of status and critical issues of all projects/programs that are managed under the group’s direction.
- Manages the technology providers, contractors and consultant organizations.
- Partners with the executive management team to prioritize opportunities and provides regular progress reports.
- Collaborates to prepare/manage operational budgets and variances, conduct return on investment analysis on operational initiatives and track/report on variances.
- Other duties as assigned
- 10+ years of large project & program management and process improvement experience
- Prior experience managing teams and recruiting talent
- Prior experience in leading programs in business process automation (RPA)
- Demonstrated delivery leadership experience with process automation tools and programs
- Expertise in formal project management methodologies and their implementation
- Facilitation skills in leading planning meetings, reviews, and retrospectives
- Collaborative approach to decision-making on teams, including ability to influence without direct line of reporting
- Experience leading and running a mix of Business / IT integrated projects and programs
- Master’s degree is a plus
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types
This job excludes CO applicants
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture.
We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html