Director of Retail Sales and Marketing
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea in Chicago: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are delivered daily to over 200 smart fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is only possible because of our team of people: techies, logistical geniuses, folks who lovingly curate the food among many others.
Our people are friendly and are gifted with grit and passion. That’s exemplified in our work environment where things are always shifting. Forget open-door policies; we have an open layout where you can hear and see everything that’s going on.
And just like our open layout, we value an open mind, dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on those characteristics, our business’ needs, and your qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind — in the hiring process or in the workplace.
Check out our BuiltIn Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here: https://www.builtinchicago.org/company/farmers-fridge
About the job:
This is an ambitious role to create high value for Farmer’s Fridge with an untapped opportunity. You will get to be responsible for a major growth lever; your mission is to build out a $1 billion category by establishing Farmer’s Fridge as the partner of choice with retail, drug, and pharmacy channel partners allowing our business to scale nationally and paving the way for us to become a household name across the United States.
You will design the overall B2B strategy and craft a structure for engaging key retail channel partners. You'll collaborate internally across functions, especially with the sales team, consumer marketing, operations and technology, and interact with senior leaders on the client side.
- Be a motivational leader and coach to their team.
- Develop a strategy for attaining retail accounts then implement that strategy and achieve 2-3x revenue.
- Measure and report the status of client relationships, B2B marketing initiatives, and revenue growth.
- Use this information to perform industry competitive analysis to assist in business development and inform the sales process.
- Optimize profitable revenue growth and client engagement.
- Secure key partnerships and move beyond “pilot” and into expansion phase to hit 2019 and 2020 expansion targets.
- Drive scale to new regions, ensure consistency in the Farmer’s Fridge messaging, branding, content and marketing materials.
- Track industry trends and developments.
- Recruit and develop their team as necessary.
Who you are:
- Innovative and creative – you think like an entrepreneur and takes initiative;
- Data and insights driven – we use our knowledge to improve, we want you to be responsive and adaptive;
- Client-Focused – you know how to effectively navigate an organization and cultivate relationships;
- Persuasive – you have the ability to pitch new clients in a compelling way;
- Comfortable with ambiguity – you think on your feet, drive to a solutions, pivot when necessary, manage up & across;
- Pragmatic – you are a demonstrated problem-solver.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below:
You will receive an auto-reply confirming that we've received your application. Thanks for your interest in Farmer’s Fridge!