End User Technology Engineer
PEAK6 was brought to life by the idea that the development of integrative technology can improve how business is done. The passion for that idea powers our firm still. As an End User Technology Engineer at PEAK6, you are free to explore unique solutions and try fresh ideas that may benefit our financial services and trading businesses, and our investment companies. You’ll collaborate with some of tech’s sharpest minds to solve for the firm’s ever-changing but exciting challenges. Working in tech at PEAK6 means that you’ll always be presented with a variety of new possibilities as you continue to enhance your skills.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Being the face of the Infrastructure team as primary support for most end user technologies within the firm.
- Providing exceptional customer service via phone, IM, email and desk side support.
- Maintenance, patching and upgrades of all PEAK6 end user technology, including workstations, notebooks, mobile devices, printers, VOIP telephony, and software of all kinds.
- User account management through Active Directory, Group Policy, SCCM and more.
- Evaluating and implementing new technologies for adoption within PEAK6 or its subsidiaries.
You’ll gain loads of experience in this role but before you do, you should have:
- 2-5 years of experience in Service Desk, Desktop Support, or other end user facing technical support role.
- Prior customer service experience.
- An enthusiasm for technology and for helping others succeed.
- Expert level Operating Systems knowledge, primarily Windows 10.
- Ability to learn quickly, both self-guided and in more formal teaching moments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong independent work ethic with ability to work as part of a team as well.
- Willingness to reprioritize work appropriately and act with agility.
- Analytical problem solving and independent research skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Additional things that will get you noticed:
• Windows deployment experience with SCCM/MDT.
- Hardware (Dell), Microsoft, or other technology certifications.
- General knowledge of virtualization technologies, enterprise networking, Windows/Linux server administration and/or Information Security practices.
All of our engineers have these traits. You should, too.
Motivation Collaboration Curiosity
Integrity Adaptability Ingenuity
Life at PEAK6
We want you to like coming to work so we work really hard to make your job fun and different from any other.
As a PEAK6 End User Technology Engineer, you can enjoy:
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans
- Matching 401(k) programs
- Adoption assistance & family leave
- Sabbatical program
- Speakers Series
- Massage days
- Poker tournament with a grand prize of a World Series of Poker buy in
- Sports leagues
- Cornhole tournaments
- Annual PEAK6 Party
- Yoga classes
- Tuition reimbursement
- Lasik eye discount
- Philanthropy events
- Annual wellness screens and flu shots
- Bagel Fridays/expiration lunches
- Birthday gifts
- Charitable matching gift program
Learn more about our culture on our website at peak6.com/culture.