Event Manager at Catch Co.
Catch Co. is looking for an experienced and eager Event Manager to own end-to-end execution of an exciting and diverse range of in-person events. Our business continues to evolve and engaging with consumers and partners (like retailers) in the real-world is a critical next step in bringing our unique brands to life. Events could include everything from industry trade shows, product launches at retail locations, customer meetups, and even a company-branded vehicle touring the US. This individual will sit in the Marketing team but will regularly partner with a broad range of cross-functional stakeholders to execute this impactful role.
What you will do:
- Develop and maintain a year-round calendar of events designed to raise awareness of our brands, drive organic engagement with consumers/partners, and deliver against a range of critical business objectives.
- Own detailed planning in advance of each event and have company-wide responsibility for ultimate event execution.
- Develop and recommend the event budget, marketing plans, and objectives.
- Coordinate across all relevant internal teams and act as visible SME for everything event-related throughout the year.
- Interface with relevant external parties to successfully execute events (e.g., venue management, temp labor, retail store management, photographers/videographers).
- Understand objectives and goals for each event, ensure execution drives towards those goals, and measure/monitor results to track impact.
- Be dynamic and flexible in adjusting to a broad range of activities and responsibilities.
- Travel, as required, to support successful event execution.
- Interact extensively with every Catch Co. business line and functional area, our customers, and a range of external partners (including retailers).
What experience you need:
- 3+ years of event management experience in a consumer-centric industry.
- Direct functional expertise in planning and executing complex, nationwide events that span physical and digital components.
- Experience coordinating with a range of internal functional teams, especially cross-channel marketing teams.
- Comfort interacting with a range of external stakeholders, including retailers and the media.
- Interest in the outdoors is always a plus, but not required.
What will make you successful:
- Amazing attention to detail and project management skills.
- Flexibility in adapting to changing priorities and execution-related situations.
- Creativity sufficient to truly delight everyone that experiences our events.
- Ability to effectively partner with a variety of cross-functional peers.
- Curiosity: Always seeking to understand “why”. Always looking to make things better.
- Passion: You are driven by a love for what you do.
- Optimism: The ability to bounce back quickly when something doesn’t work.
- Action: Knowing when to shift from planning to doing.
- Honesty: Transparency with customers, partners and teammates.
What is Catch Co?
At Catch Co, our purpose is to rescue people from the indoors by connecting them with America’s top outdoor sport: fishing. More than 50 million Americans fish every year and Catch Co is the industry leader in creating products, content, and experiences that modern anglers love. Most importantly, we aim to be the industry’s most data-driven and customer-centric company.
We are building 3 unique businesses to deliver on that mission:
- Mystery Tackle Box - Founded in 2012, MTB is the most popular fishing subscription service in the world, with over 5 million boxes shipped (and counting!).
- Karl’s Bait and Tackle - Launched in 2018, Karl’s is a unique and exciting ecommerce experience that brings the local tackle shop to the Internet.
- Catch Co. fishing products - Catch Co also designs and develops some of fishing’s most popular and innovative brands and products, sold online and in retail throughout the world.
To support these businesses, we have built a best-in-class foundation of creativity, technology, data, and a fun and supportive culture. We have also built durable partnerships with some of the industry’s most impactful content creators, influencers, product designers, and more.
As we execute against our mission, our team members remain curious, action-oriented, and collaborative. If that sounds like you, we would love to meet you.
Everybody can fish with us!
These are our core values:
- Passion: We love what we do and we take pride in our work.
- Action: We work hard to get stuff done, with urgency.
- Optimism: We believe that we will succeed, and we are willing to keep trying new things.
- Honesty: We tell it like it is, communicate issues, take accountability and use data to make decisions. We are transparent with customers, partners and employees.
- Curiosity: We look for ways to make things better. We focus on solutions, not problems.
- #happydance: We create happiness for our customers and for each other.
Our culture is fast-moving, hardworking, welcoming and friendly, and we keep our calendar full of opportunities to learn from coworkers and foster community. We love a good team event (like trivia or Quiplash), continued learning (fireside chats led by colleagues), and niche Slack channels like #mlb, #bachelor, #unpopular_opinions, #badjokes and #smallwins.
Catch Co. is passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Catch Co. recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other protected status.
- "Take what you need" paid time off policy
- 11 Paid Holidays + 4 additional paid days off specifically to enjoy the outdoors
- Flexible working schedule & work from home opportunities (and a fully remote team throughout covid-19)
- Medical, dental and vision Insurance - We cover 80-100% of the premium for yourself and your dependents
- Paid parental leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Accounts or Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employer-sponsored disability insurance
- Employee discount program
- Employer-sponsored life insurance
- 401(K) plan
- Pet insurance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Free Karl's Club membership and $100 of store credit
- Unlimited coffee and fruit snacks (once we return to the office)
- And more!
Unfortunately, visa sponsorship is not available at this time.