Executive Assistant - COO
Farmer’s Fridge started with an idea: make fresh, healthy food as accessible as a candy bar. Our handcrafted meals are made and delivered daily to over 200 smart Fridges and can be conveniently purchased with a credit card or using our app. This is made possible by our dedicated team of food fanatics, techies, logistical geniuses, and many others who bring their gifts of positivity, grit and passion to work each day.
We are on a path to exponential growth, proving that you can efficiently and safely produce high quality, super fresh food, at scale to drive change in the food system and empower people to eat happier and healthier.
Check out our Built In Chicago page to see what it’s like to work here!
About the Executive Assistant role:
You will partner with our COO, providing proactive and organized support with strong attention to detail and the highest level of discretion and maturity. You will need to be able to handle a wide range of administrative tasks, interface with individuals across the company, and juggle diverse responsibilities:
- Heavy calendar management - manage meetings, travel, out of office, important company meetings, and special events.
- Plan events for company leaders including creation and distribution of notices, agendas, and meeting materials, as well as arrange details and coordinating logistics, etc.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications and other team and company-wide messages; make independent decisions regarding level of priority.
- Capture action items from meetings and distribute to stakeholders.
- Prepare and track expense reports.
- Develop and assist with preparation of presentation materials.
- Ad hoc internet research and summarization.
Necessary knowledge, skills and experience:
- Self-starter: can take even the smallest project and run with it to successful completion
- Learn fast: Able to quickly learn to navigate current and new systems, processes and procedures
- Desire to be busy and work in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail is your thing! You got the skills to meticulously and diligently prepare and review emails, schedules, expense reports, meeting materials, etc. and ensure accuracy.
- Organized? It’s your middle name.
- Professionalism – able to handle highest level of confidential information.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in Microsoft Office. Excellent formatting skills required. Must be comfortable and capable performing internet research and identifying reliable sources of material, as well as learning new software and skills.
- 2-3 years of related experience
- College degree preferred with college coursework or related experience in business, accounting, or finance preferred, but not required.
- Traditional Benefits. Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Generous paid time off policy
- Daily Fridge Credits. You can enjoy these flat rate credits at any Fridge
- Monthly cell phone credit
- Professional development opportunities
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants here: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures