Executive Assistant - Product & Pricing and Claims Leadership at Root
Root is looking for an Executive Assistant who can quickly and effectively drive tasks through to completion. This role would assist both the Product & Pricing and the Claims teams and their leaders with day-to-day logistics, making sure they are in the right place at the right time, and that everything is going according to plan. There’s a lot of behind-the-scenes planning and organization required to ensure our success as a team. Your trustworthiness, attention to detail, and high-quality written communication are essential, as you’ll regularly handle sensitive data and communicate with key stakeholders via email, on calendars, and in spreadsheets. In addition to routine tasks, every week at Root is full of new challenges and projects that you’ll help support. You’ll have a wide variety in what you do if you’re willing to figure things out and take on anything.
Reports to: VP of Product & Pricing
What you'll do.
- Handle email communication (we use Google's G Suite)
- Manage calendars: reserve conference rooms, resolve conflicts, handle reschedules, ensure invites contain dial-in information, etc.
- Arrange travel (individual and group)
- Keep track of outstanding requests and schedule reminders
- Handle invoice processing and expense reports
- Help manage area budgets
- Assemble PowerPoint and spreadsheet presentations for a wide variety of audiences, from executive management to the board
- Help with some small personal tasks, such as making appointments
What we're looking for.
- Bachelor’s degree or 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- A ‘do-what-it-takes’ attitude toward driving results in a fast-paced work environment
- Excellent time-management skills
- A love of learning & the ability to keep up with a constantly changing environment
- The ability to learn multiple internal systems & processes quickly is a must; general tech-savviness
- High attention to detail with superior problem-solving skills; comfortable independently multitasking and prioritizing projects in a fast-paced work environment
- A relentlessly positive and optimistic attitude
- Analytical mindset with a proficiency for numbers, spreadsheets, and impeccable grammar
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the Leader and their teams
- Proactive work ethic
At Root, we judge people based on the merit of their work, not who they are. Very few (if any!) people will fit every description; so if you are passionate about what this role entails, and are excited by solving real problems, we encourage you to apply; we want to learn about you, and what you can add to our team! You need not have a background in insurance or data, but should be skilled at developing fluency in emerging technology, evolving industries, and net new industries; you quickly get up to speed and identify what matters/locate the opportunity for a partner, business, and product.
What draws people to Root.
We’re a venture-backed technology company. Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.