Executive Assistant at VelocityEHS
*Open to candidates that reside in the Oakville, Ontario and Chicago, Illinois area*
VelocityEHS is seeking an Executive Assistant to support our CEO and C-Level Leadership. The successful candidate must exhibit a "can do" attitude, and a work history of proactive thinking and execution in unanticipated circumstances. Must be available and willing to be flexible, react, and execute responsibilities independently, and when required outside of normal business hours to support our many locations and time zones.
The VelocityEHS work environment is dynamic, innovative, and entrepreneurial. We have a results-oriented culture that demands intelligence, teamwork, and follow-through. If you have these qualities and love making sure teams are connected and supported, then this is the job for you - check out the details below and apply now.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Key Responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
Assist the CEO, and other C-Suite executives manage their time and commitments, serving as the “first line of defense” and as an accelerant for their productivity and the success of company initiatives. As the first Executive Assistant to this team of leaders, the right candidate is confident in their abilities and able to show each leader the value they will add.
Areas of support include, but aren’t limited to:
- Coordinate Calendars & Travel: Whether it’s getting a prioritized meeting on the schedule, protecting key time-blocks, or figuring out the most efficient travel route, be a scheduling and coordination expert
- Complete Expense Reports: Make sure everything is documented and submitted properly for key executives
- Keep the Team Energized: Whether it’s ordering catering for a meeting, coordinating a team offsite, or selecting swag gifts, you love keeping people happy and fed
- Meeting preparation: Assist with preparing for team meetings, quarterly employee meetings, board meetings, training sessions, and other internal meetings. Includes scheduling, catering, set-up, coordinating information, creating agendas and presentations, etc.
- Client Support: Assist in the coordination and support of customer meetings, customer advisory board, and customer user conference
- Communication: Prepare and edit presentations, handouts, and other communication, both internally and externally
- Project Coordination: Assist with basic project coordination of leadership team, department, and company initiatives.
- Office Administration: Owner of office efficiency and administration, including but not limited to mail/shipping coordination, greeting guests, stocking & inventory, vendor relations, office communication, general office upkeep, and other office/facilities related work
- Other support to Human Resources, Executives and other staff as needed
- Proactive & Confident: You don’t wait for work to be handed to you. You anticipate the needs of your team and take the initiative to proactively seek ownership of work and solve any potential hiccups before they turn into issues. You bring ideas and solutions to the table
- Flexible: You thrive in a changing environment and are a pro at “rolling with the punches.” You’re even keeled, so you can adapt to change quickly while managing stressors or frustrations
- Team-Oriented: You excel at collaborating across the company, working with team members in all departments and levels
- Startup Mentality: No job is too big or small. You thrive in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment where you balance multiple projects and can prioritize your work both short and long term
- Good Judgment: You have a solid head on your shoulders, and you excel at knowing when to make the call and when to ask for additional direction (and from whom)
- Forward-Thinking: You are constantly looking for new and better ways to do things and areas that could use your support
REQUIRED SKILLS/QUALIFICATIONS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Minimum Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- 5+ years’ experience in executive support
- Proactive and independent with proven experience working for a large group of executives in multiple locations
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable, flexible, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong oral and written professional communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, effectively communicates through Microsoft Word and PowerPoint including high-quality messaging, structure, and formatting
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a high-level of confidentiality concerning employees, business, and other sensitive data
- Ability to work as part of a team with specific direction, or as an individual with only high-level direction
- Impeccable attention to detail and project management skills
- Self-motivated and dependable with a strong work ethic
- Flexible work schedule to support after hour meetings and events
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Related experience in a similar industry
VelocityEHS is the largest and fastest growing environmental, health, safety (EHS) and sustainability software company in the world. More than 8 million people rely on our innovative on-demand (cloud-computing technology) safety and compliance management solutions to do their jobs safely and protect the environment.
At VelocityEHS, success is an everyday occurrence. Everyone who walks through our doors has an opportunity to make an impact. Our people make the difference at VelocityEHS – that's why we're not just looking for people with the right skills, but for those with the right drive, the right passion and the right character to make our entire team better. We still operate with the same start-up mentality that has made us the leading cloud EHS company, and offer each and every employee the opportunity to grow and reach their full potential.
We’re driven by the work we do to keep others safe, but we also like to have fun while doing it. We believe in producing great results, but also in enjoying the ride. Work-Life balance means two things at VelocityEHS – having time for your life outside of work, and taking steps to bring more life into the workplace. Between all the variety of workplace events, volunteer opportunities and other group activities available, we never forget that dynamic people need and deserve a place to work.
Finally, we understand that taking care of our customers starts with taking care of our employees. Our benefits include excellent medical and dental plans, matching 401(k) saving plan, RRSPS saving plans, generous PTO and more. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. We welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
VelocityEHS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights code along with a discrimination, and harassment-free workplace. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons with disabilities, VelocityEHS will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, please notify us at [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your needs.