Executive Assistant at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We're proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In's 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what's the role?
We are looking for an extraordinary Executive Assistant to ensure that our leadership team has what they need, when they need it, before they even knew they needed it in the first place. At Kin, our Executive Assistants are a critical part of maintaining the day-to-day operations of our organization. They are equal parts master organizer, critical problem solver, and "knower of all".A day in the life could include:
- Meeting with executives to discuss priorities, outstanding decisions and upcoming events
- Communicating on behalf of the leadership team to various internal and external stakeholders
- Creating and maintaining schedules for internal leadership meetings
- Playing both gatekeeper and gateway between leadership and employees
- Crafting decks and scheduling quarterly board meetings
- General administrative support of executives, including email management, travel and miscellaneous requests
- 5+ years experience directly supporting the CEO and other executives
- You're organized. Like, really organized. Like, color code your closet by season, organized
- You're adaptive, flexible and cool under pressure
- You're trustworthy and can maintain discretion and confidentiality when necessary
- Your best friend's name is ambiguity. You know how to prioritize, reprioritize, and make decisions with little direction to get what needs to get done, done
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication abilities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we're making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We're a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it's how we treat each other. That's one of the many reasons we've been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.