The Field Operations Manager plays an integral role in client support and account management through direct engagement with provision of services at the customers’ sites. This role works closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders to address daily client challenges, while identifying and executing opportunities to make meaningful improvements to client operations.
This position will cover Central Texas and should be base in the Austin or San Antonio area.
• Improve the delivery of services to the client by observing and reporting on performance and experience from an on-site-user perspective, both customer and vendor
• Provide the Operations team with local insight regarding the unique needs of customers in the assigned market and the nuances of doing business with local vendors
• Represent SMS in matters related to Fire/Life Safety, Environmental Health and Safety, and Disaster Recovery to mitigate the cost of unnecessarily expansive scopes of work
• Provide administrative support for matters requiring in-person representation, such as dealing with municipal offices and being present for code inspections
• Assure client leadership that SMS is effectively resolving all facilities issues through local engagement on high priority issues, prior to client escalation
• Enhance the effectiveness of SMS technology solutions through increased adoption by directly demonstrating the platform’s value to both customer and vendor
• Build and maintain professional relationships with clients to gain an understanding of their operational needs; assist in the development and implementation of solutions to meet those needs
• Proactively manage delivery of services to sites without permanent client employees such as vacant sites and off-premise ATM locations
• Maintain cognizance of work being done by third party vendors at client sites such as new build construction projects, branch decommissionings, or other projects falling outside the SMS scope of work; represent SMS in the acceptance of such projects into the Facilities portfolio
• Perform non-maintenance tasks related to facilities management as approved by the Director of Operations
• Demonstrate SMS’s commitment to consistent high-quality service through scheduled and unscheduled quality assurance visits
• In coordination with the Affiliate Relationship Management team, develop business relationships with vendors to achieve seamless, high-quality service and advantageous pricing
• Communicate findings and recommendations based on client data clearly; couple insights with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions
• Facilitate the flow of information among customers and affiliates in the field and the SMS Operations team
• Foster a positive team environment and may provide coaching or mentoring to team members
• Ensures confidentiality and accuracy of internal and external data
• Performs ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned
• This position is remote and requires up to 60% travel within the assigned geographic area of responsibility.
These are the professional skills we would expect from an individual fully established in this role.
• Problem Solving – Advanced
• Prioritization – Advanced
• Relationship Management- Advanced
• Customer Service- Proficient
• Learning Agility - Proficient
• Verbal Communication- Proficient
• Written Communication - Proficient
• Team Work - Proficient
Role Specific Skills
• Possesses specific knowledge of facilities management and general knowledge of building
• Computer Skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
People Management Skills
• Not applicable to this role
• Bachelor’s Degree
Other Relevant Qualifications
• 5+ years of experience in facilities management, maintenance management, or building
maintenance trades required
Please note, this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities, and schedule may change at any time with or without notice.
SMS Assist is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship stat