Motorola Solutions is there for our customers when everything is on the line. In extreme moments — when a hurricane lands or when a fire breaks out. And in everyday moments — when a package arrives just in time for the holiday or when a child doesn’t miss the school bus home.
We unify voice, data, video and analytics in one integrated ecosystem to enable individuals, businesses and communities to work together in more powerful ways. To help people make better decisions, act confidently and be their best in the moments that matter. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions and connect with a career that matters.
Department OverviewThe U.S. Federal Governments Markets Division is chartered with being the premier, compliant supplier of world-class communications solutions to the U.S. Federal Government by providing the highest quality products, systems and services. The USFGMD will achieve this with a professional, well-trained, diverse work force creating a positive and profitable customer relationship resulting in Total Customer Satisfaction and growth of our business. The Federal Systems Technology department of the USFGMD is responsible for service supporting a charter of implementing and integrating complex systems sold worldwide to the U.S. Federal Government. As a USFGMD Systems Technologist, you will be exposed to a wide variety of communications requirements in both the Presale and Post Sale phases of a project. These applications span the entire breadth of the U.S. Federal Government throughout the world.
The Air Force Program System Upgrade Agreement (SUA) FST will work closely with other FSTs and engineers to design and execute on technical efforts to achieve the Air Force’s communications goals. The SUA FSTs will work on a daily basis to assist in developing a strategy to accomplish the various upgrades and migrations. The SUA FSTs are hands-on, in-field executing on the integrations, migrations and expansion plans that have been developed. The Air Force SUA FSTs may also be called upon to assist in preventative maintenance efforts, break-fix occurrences and even assist other programs in the enclave.
Candidate must have some basic knowledge in the technicalities deployed by ASTRO to include, networking, Cyber Security principles, Active Directory Administration, LMR Communications. Helpful to have knowledge of ASTRO core applications such as UNC, PM, UEM, ESXi, HBSS, and PKI. A minimum of 3 year experience in IT, radio, or other related field.
- Must be willing and able to obtain DoD Secret-level clearance as required
- Must be capable of obtaining a secret clearance within 18 months of initial employment date
- Required to lift equipment of ~ 50lbs
- Required to complete standard form SF86 questionnaire for national security positions
- Understanding of IP networks
- Acquire CompTIA Security+ Certification within 12 months of initial employment date.
- Ability to administer and troubleshoot in an IT-type environment
- Travel, of up to 75% at times, will be required. Frequency of travel depends on the type of work at that time
- Above average verbal and written communication skills
- Organization skills and a high attention to detail
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products and G-Suite applications.
- At least 1 year in IT, networking, technician, field service, system technician/specialist, radio frequency or land mobile radio.
- CompTIA Network+
- Certified Electronics Technician
- Experience with US Military communications
- Hands-on experience with Motorola ASTRO technology including Zone Core, ASTRO Networking, Microsoft Active Directory, McAfee security suite, MCC7500 dispatch, NICE Logging etc.
- 3+ Years experience in one of the following: Electronics Technician, System Technologist, System Manager, or Field Service
- Must be a U.S. citizen with ability to obtain necessary security clearance as required by government contract
Motorola Solutions has implemented a voluntary COVID-19 vaccination policy. We strongly encourage all employees to be fully vaccinated. Any employee who is not vaccinated must wear a mask at all times when at a Motorola Solutions site or otherwise meeting with other Motorola Solutions employees or customers. Employees who have submitted proof of vaccination must follow site-specific or local mask requirements. Additionally, certain local governments or Motorola Solutions' customers may have vaccine requirements that apply to some of our employees.
Referral Payment PlanYes
Our U.S. Benefits include:
- Incentive Bonus Plans
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits effective Day 1
- 401K with Company Match and Day 1 vesting
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Generous Paid Time Off Packages
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Parental & Family Leave
- and more!
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.