Walgreens is looking for a Functional Architect to join one of the largest initiatives in our company, Pharmacy Renewal. The Walgreens Pharmacy Renewal efforts seek to design and build the largest, most advanced pharmacy infrastructure in the world from the ground up. Empowered to operate as an innovation center, this effort represents one of Walgreens most important programs at both global and local levels. US, UK and Italy based teams will be leveraging the most advanced and exciting technologies to build on Walgreens strategic vision to service the 13,100 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores Worldwide.
To be success in this Functional Architect role, an individual will need to be proficient in the following duties:
- Responsible for Functional Design of the solution
- Decomposing the system into functional units and specifying the interfaces between them
- Defining Business Process Catalogue
- Reviewing Business Process Model
- Validating Conceptual Data Model
- Business Process Optimization
Additionally, this individual will creates design documents that ensure consistency in development across the IT organization. Participates in the definition of software architecture to ensure that the IT organization's software solutions are built within a consistent framework and aligned to strategy. Implements activities that generally impact multiple components / processes and the work of own and possibly other teams. Assigned complex undertakings that regularly require the application of independent judgment. Receives work in short– and mid- term outcomes and operates within the context of approved methods.
Technologies & Methodologies
- Business Process Management
- Business Process Modeling
- Design Pattern
- Enterprise Integration Pattern
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in an IT, Engineering and/or Architect role.
- At least 3 years of leadership experience in server side or client side technologies.
- Experience in domain-specific architecture concepts and emerging technologies. (Design patterns, frameworks, current Java based solutions, mobile, OR Infrastructure Administration OR Data Sciences).
- At least 1 year of experience in domain-specific Architecture.
- Experience working with matrix teams including teams in different time zones.
- Experience creating and promoting guiding development principles and influencing development teams, business users and management in adoption of technical solutions.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Three or more years of experience in Functional Architecture of Enterprise Application.
- Define basic components and important concepts of a system and describes the relationships among them.
- Talk with Business Process Analysts/Modelers, and supports modeling of requirements
- Involved during requirements gathering to facilitate solution design
- Talk with Senior Designers and supports high-level design and logical data modeling
- Reuse Attitude
- Customer facing capabilities
- While not required, ideally candidates will have experience with the following tools:
- Enterprise Architect
- BP Modeler
- Eclipse IDE
- Written and spoken English Proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related degree