Global Head of Customer Support at Morningstar
The Group: The Customer Support function sits within the Global Sales and Client Service Unit and is responsible for global customer support operations. This role reports to the Chief Revenue Officer and drives strategy and execution with direction from leadership across Morningstar’s Software, Data, and Research Products, and Research and Investment Management groups.
The Role: The Global Head of Customer Support leads strategy and execution for Morningstar’s client support functions with a focus on simplifying and optimizing support processes and embracing digital transformation to create a best-in class customer experience. Morningstar serves a diverse set of clients including individual investors and B2B clients in Asset Management, Wealth Management, Banking/Capital Markets and Fintech with a mission to empower investor success. These clients work with Morningstar for leading capabilities in investment research, investment data, software solutions, analytics, index solutions, investment management, retirement solutions and other capabilities. The scope of the role includes leadership of the global, multi-channel Customer Support function across all geographies including Americas, EMEA and APAC and across all product lines with a primary focus on our software, data, research and Morningstar.com business units. This position is located in our Chicago office and approximately 25% travel is expected (when travel conditions improve).
- Evaluate current state of the support strategy and operating model.
- Develop a future state operating model and prioritized execution plan that elevates our client support function.
- Continuously evaluate strategy, processes, technologies, resource capacity, and role definition across Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 support to optimize operations and improve the customer experience.
- Optimize deployment of resources across local, onshore, nearshore and offshore centers based on data-driven capacity planning.
- Build a rigorous, data-driven operating cadence to monitor, measure and act on key KPIs.
- Embrace a “customer centric” view of the end-to-end experience across all support channels and across the full life cycle of support: case intake, case management, case resolution, escalation and incident management.
- Embrace an innovation mindset experimenting with new technologies and ways of working that drive operating efficiencies and deliver exceptional customer experience.
- Partner with implementation and customer success teams to ensure alignment on operating model and a seamless customer experience.
- Partner with business unit and product line leaders on support strategy and execution.
- Develop and implement plans to advance our capabilities in tiered/premium service levels.
- Develop and implement plans to improve knowledge management practices.
- Attract, develop and retain a dynamic, client-centric service team with a strong focus on developing new talent in our university talent program, the Morningstar Development Program.
- Expand existing training and enablement programs to build a robust onboarding and ongoing talent development program.
- Manage key operational and administrative responsibilities including budget management, reporting, forecasting, vendor management, etc.
- 15+ years of related leadership experience in customer support in a B2B software, technology or technology-enabled services firm.
- Deep experiences with multi-channel customer support, call center operations and associated processes and technologies.
- Highly effective at operating in a matrix organization.
- Proven people development and coaching skills.
- Experience in implementing and managing large scale transformation projects.
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com, ServiceCloud, Tableau, Jira and other leading customer support technologies.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA or other advanced degree/accreditation is strongly preferred.
001_MstarInc Morningstar Inc. Legal Entity