Who is Clearcover?
Clearcover is the smarter car insurance company. We use powerful technology to offer everyday drivers better coverage for less money. We’re proud to be one of the fastest-growing startups in the insurtech market and we’re currently looking to add a few more extraordinary people to our team.
Who is the GM VP of Agency Distribution?
We are looking for an experienced General Manager, VP of Agency Distribution to lead channel growth by delivering digital insurance product solutions to an evolving agency distribution channel. The GM, VP of Agency Distribution owns P&L responsibility and is expected to have strong operational chops. This is a high visibility role reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer.
In addition to being responsible for the overall growth and profitability of the channel, you’ll own its growth strategy. We see our independent agent business a bit like a startup within a startup, so you’ll need to approach the business as both a strategist and execution expert, using your passion for analytics and out-of-the-box thinking to drive growth. You’ll identify and set forth key partnership strategies to strengthen existing relationships and develop new ones.
You should approach traditional distribution thinking with a healthy mix of respect and irreverence, applying both creativity and flexibility in developing the channel in a uniquely Clearcover way. You’ll stay curious and current on industry trends and the competitive landscape, always mining for emerging channels.
You’ll be a problem-solver who can work amidst ambiguity and be willing (and able) to roll up your sleeves to get the job done. This will be fun, but it won’t be easy.
What will you do?
- P&L Management – Manage a growth-oriented and profitable book of business with and through agency partnerships.
- Distribution Strategy – Develop the strategic direction of the agency distribution channel and how to partner in a digitally oriented way.
- Partnership Development - Design and articulate key partnership strategies, negotiate deal terms, manage contracting processes, facilitate integration requirements, and manage onboarding and training activities.
- Account Management - Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships and facilitate ongoing account/performance management activities.
- Agency Economics - Manage and effectively communicate compensation structures that drive desired business results.
- Training & Support Model – Design, develop, and manage training and operational processes that allow us to support and scale the agency channel.
- Agency Compliance – Collaborate with the compliance team to administer required training, compliance, and oversight activities.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration – Work effectively with members of our product, technology, finance, and operational teams to build key capabilities and support models.
- Emerging Channel Strategy - Develop and maintain broad knowledge of the industry and competitive landscape to develop strategies to help Clearcover lead the way towards the future of agency distribution.
What do you have?
- P&L experience. You’ve strategically led a business to balance growth and profitability. (Insurance experience is not required).
- Distribution expert. You’re highly motivated by the thought of disrupting legacy business models and bringing new product solutions to market.
- Start-up minded. You embrace the unknowns and relish opportunity.
- Relationship guru. You’re able to build effective relationships, both internally and externally, and can effectively navigate complex relationships.
- Highly operational and analytical. You understand customer acquisition and distribution-related KPIs, insurance financials, and can operationally execute tactical plans.
- Stellar communicator. You’re able to communicate high-level business goals and operational plans externally and the strategies and motivations of our partners internally.
- Compliance-forward. You’re fluent with agency licensing and appointment regulations and supporting operational processes.
- Self-starter. You have the ability to lead and drive initiatives with little oversight – the persistency and tenacity to break down barriers while also bringing people together towards a common goal.
- Flexible and tenacious. You have the ability to work amidst ambiguity and adapt as we grow and expand.\
- Growth-minded. You’re driven to improve performance through continuous learning.
What's in it for you?
- A generous compensation package that includes meaningful equity in the business
- Substantial and comprehensive benefits, including unlimited PTO, full medical, dental, and vision
- Tons of responsibility and a job that will push you to your full potential
Clearcover is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reasons prohibited by law.