Growth & Strategy Associate at Kin Insurance
Kin Insurance is on a mission to change home insurance from what it could be to what it should be. We're proud to offer affordable insurance coverage in areas most impacted by climate change, like Florida, California and Louisiana, that pay more for insurance than anywhere else in America.
We are also proud to be recognized as Built In's 2021 Best Midsize Companies to Work For in Chicago and Forbes 2021 Best Startup Employers in America. We are growing super fast, and we need forward-thinking, inspired game-changers like you to help lead the way.So, what's the role?
The Growth & Strategy Associate is a position designed to provide you exposure to multiple facets of how Kin Insurance operates. You will have the opportunity to develop solutions in multiple areas of the business including finance, operations, marketing, and product. Rotating amongst different verticals every 6 months, you will spend your first year on a tour-de-Kin honing your leadership skills and establishing your future place in our business. Relying on your analytical and entrepreneurial mindset, you will identify and create real solutions that will directly impact Kin's growth.
The ideal candidate is data-focused, intellectually curious, growth-oriented, and has exceptional relationship-building skills. They consider the needs of the business and use analytics to take a problem area and implement a customized solution.A day in the life could include:
- Using your robust analytical skills to evaluate the cost and benefits of existing Kin solutions while recommending improvements
- Strategizing with leadership to create new programs
- Networking amongst senior leadership across departments to facilitate collaboration
- Identifying relevant KPI and data points to optimize throughput for sales and ops teams
- Analyzing financial data to determine new market opportunities
- Analyzing customer data and feedback to identify customer retention opportunities
- 2+ years in highly analytical & strategic role (investment banking, management consulting, or similar)
- Four year degree
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with SQL, Looker, or other data management and reporting tools preferred
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance (including 100% employer-paid plans)
- Remote Work (due to Covid-19) and flexible work hours
- Flexible PTO policy
- Very generous equity options and 401K
- Parental Leave
- Continuing education and professional development
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Onsite gym membership - when we return to the office (Chicago office only)
- The excitement of joining a high-growth Insurtech company and seeing your work make an impact
In an industry that hasn't budged in more than 100 years, our technology transforms the user experience, cuts inefficiencies that waste billions of consumer dollars, and customizes coverage homeowners want. We believe insurance was always meant to be a digital product – we're making that a reality.
Our approach to the industry makes us unique, and the people at Kin help us excel. We're a team of problem solvers, collaborators, builders, and dreamers who are passionate about creating positive change in the lives of our customers and in our industry. Kin is more than just our name – it's how we treat each other. That's one of the many reasons we've been recognized as a great place to work by Built In, Forbes, and Fast Company.EEOC Statement
Kin is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We don't just accept difference – we honor it, nurture it, and celebrate it. We don't discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.