Head of Customer Support
As Sprout Social continues to lead the Social Media Management space as a product and company, we are seeking someone who is a thought leader for Customer Support, challenging the status quo and continuing to allow us to leverage customer service as a point of difference.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated, customer focused individual to lead our global Customer Support Team. The ideal candidate will have a strong background and a proven track record in developing and scaling Customer Support teams in the SaaS industry in a follow-the-sun model. The candidate will have experience in second line leadership, and international support coverage for a high growth technology company.
As a global Customer Support Team, Sprout Social offers 24x5 support coverage for our customers via Chat, Email, Phone and Social. Our Customer Support Team is made up of Customer Advocates (Level 1), Support Engineers (Level 2), and a Support Tools Team (Developers). We have Customer Advocates across 5 different cities (Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco, Manila and Dublin) and our mission is to create memorable and unparalleled experiences for our customers though every interaction that they have with Sprout Support.
The Head of Customer Support will be responsible for providing unparalleled support for Sprout’s 24,000 customers. This position will report to the SVP of Operations and will be based at Sprout HQ in Chicago.
Within 1 month you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members. You’ll gain a broader understanding of our product.
- Meet with the entire Support team and other key stakeholders/leaders to get a better understanding of how the organization currently operates
- You’ll do a thorough analysis of our existing processes and get a firm understanding of how we handle customer requests.
Within 3 months you will….
- Act as an agent of change by identifying and recommending process improvements to optimize efficiency and prioritizations in the customer support funnel
- Identify trends and key performance indicators to further enhance customer satisfaction and customer retention
- Create a forecasting model that ensures hiring plans are on-track and appropriately scaling with global customer growth, ticket volumes and a follow-the-sun model.
Within 6 months you will...
- Define and drive the implementation of key team goals, objectives and initiatives
- Build a 2019 hiring plan that is scalable and properly balances timezone coverage, ticket volume inflection and varying skill sets (technical, language, management, etc.)
- Drive intentional collaboration and influence with Engineering and Product on the roadmap to continuously improve the customer experience
- Partner with Sales and Success leadership to streamline the customer experience through more intentional customer handoffs, and with Product Marketing to ensure the team is well-informed of customer communication plans
By month 12, you will…
- Improve CSAT and Customer Retention
- Foster an environment of continuous learning that is at the forefront of change
- Have recruited and hire a world-class Support Team with strong, experienced leadership and individual contributors
- Have mentored and develop the existing team to become best in class at their respective functions and further advance their skill sets and career trajectory
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We believe that true employee engagement cannot happen if you can’t bring your whole self to work, so we’re committed to building a diverse team, embracing an inclusive culture and investing in equity across our organization. That dedication is core to Sprout. We want all candidates, particularly those coming from traditionally underrepresented groups in the technology industry, to know they are welcome at Sprout.
We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program and free Divvy bike memberships
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago’s Loop
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!