Head of Merchant Care
Launched in 2014, ShipBob is a tech-enabled fulfillment and logistics solution for growing e-commerce companies. Our goal is to alleviate the daily stress associated with picking, packaging and shipping so business owners can focus on more important aspects of their brand. Through our software and operations arm, we are on a mission to help businesses be successful online.
We pride ourselves on our inclusive and richly diverse company culture. All voices are heard regardless of tenure or job title. We are looking for creative problem solvers with a strong work ethic and ability to persevere.
ShipBob’s Director of Customer Success will build and lead the team that will create the optimal experience for our customers. You will be responsible for the day to day performance and personnel management of a Customer Service team(s), as well as managing retention and growth on existing accounts, training employees on the primary business processes, and resolving escalated account issues.
- Strategically develop and lead an operational service team of approximately 20 team members(including 12 offshore CS Reps), to enhance performance by setting clear, accountable performance measures.
- Build out an in-house agent team, and successfully manage an integrated insourced/outsourced team of 50+ agents and staff
- Establish and develop a Voice of the Customer culture with a common goal of improving the end to end Customer experience and providing guidance to leaders across all ShipBob departments
- Deliver productivity gains by driving operations efficiencies and process improvements while maintaining or exceeding Customer experience goals and key performance objectives within first 12 months.
- Attain key performance metrics including Customer Satisfaction, NPS, Contact to Order Ratio, Handle Time, Quality, Reliability and First Call Resolution within first 12 months
- Ensure any account issues are resolved quickly, leveraging resources from across the company as needed
- Hold routine staff meetings and communicate corporate direction and policies to all staff
- Continually research new ways to improve processes and performance
- Works closely with Executive Leadership to meet goals and contribute to company growth
- Summarize product feedback gathered from Customer Success Representatives and act as advocate for our clients with internal development and product teams
- Bachelor's Degree
- Over 5 years of proven success in leading, building and managing highly effective customer service teams
- A strong leader that inspires commitment to achieve exceptional customer loyalty, teamwork to deliver results, transparency of performance, flexibility to shift priorities and mobilize resources with an appropriate sense of urgency
- The experience and track record of building a Member Success Culture and delivering to similar accomplishments
- Strong track record of Call Center management with experience of direct and indirect management of departments of over 100 agents
- Excellent vendor management skills, striving to build partnership with vendors at all levels of leadership, while attaining business objectives
- Experience leading cross-functional initiatives which are considered ‘big bets’ or transformational and exceeding key goals,
- E-commerce Retail experience a plus
- Vision, Medical, Dental and 401K Plan
- Flexible hours, casual dress
- Commuter benefits
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.