Heavy Equipment Estimator
As a Heavy Equipment Estimator at Snapsheet, you are a part of an elite group that is working directly with top insurance carriers and collision repair facilities across the country to help elevate and streamline their auto damage claims process for their customers. We make claims simple for everyone!
As a Heavy Equipment Estimator at Snapsheet, you are highly competitive and motivated by constant improvement. You are an expert in Heavy Equipment and Specialty Vehicle estimating, and you want to share your expertise with a team of highly motivated estimating professionals. You are an effective communicator, whether you are emailing a request to your peer or negotiating with a body shop. You love working in an ever-evolving environment where an openness to feedback and the ability to adapt is highly valued. Identifying and resolving the day-to-day challenges involved in writing estimates as well as solving more complex problems is what gets you out of bed in the morning, and you want to work for a company where you can make a real impact.
Is this you? Keep reading for more detail.
- Write fair and accurate estimates and supplements for heavy equipment vehicles, predominantly Class 8, based on photos of physical damage that comply fully with insurance carrier guidelines
- Utilize internal training tools and external resources to clearly document every claim with high attention to detail
- Maintain professional written and verbal communication with insurance carriers as well as their customers
- Effectively negotiate files to agreed upon prices with repair facilities while maintaining a calm and professional demeanor
- Manage and maintain virtual relationships with teammates, managers, and directors
- Quickly pivot estimate writing style and standards based on feedback from QA staff
We are seeking self-motivated, competitive go-getters to join this growing team. You will be working within a remote production-based environment and will be responsible for managing numerous claims for 70+ carriers across the US and Canada.
- Minimum of 2 years of Heavy Equipment estimating experience
- Extensive knowledge of automobile part and repair techniques.
- Thorough understanding of vehicle repair, parts costs, total loss classification and fraud detection
- Understand basic insurance principles and how they apply to estimating decisions
- Working experience in one or more estimating platforms: Mitchell, CCC One and/or Audatex
- Ability to identify and communicate problems effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quickly and effectively responds to changing demands
- Open to new ideas and feedback
- Maintain effectiveness on productivity in an evolving environment
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- A strong desire to join a high-growth company leading the charge to make claims simple for everyone.
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Desire to thrive in a remote, production based environment
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- State auto appraiser/adjuster license, a major plus
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work from home
- Chance to build and impact a growing company that is backed by highly-respected venture capital firms
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- 401k matching, paid time-off
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
Snapsheet aims to create a working culture that respects the value of differences among colleagues and encourages individuals to contribute their best within an environment that is inclusive, open, flexible and fair. We will not tolerate discrimination or unfair treatment on any grounds. Employees must act with integrity and respect for their colleagues and customers. We are committed to helping talented people from diverse backgrounds meet their potential at all levels of the company.