Incident Management Team Lead at Paylocity
Delivering one-of-a-kind cloud technology, accompanied by award winning customer service, Paylocity is a software development company in a category of its own. We are a publicly traded company that offers an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP), which enables employees to share in the long-term growth and future success of the company. Poised to revolutionize the world of human capital management for hundreds of thousands of small and medium sized businesses, we are seeking the best and the brightest to help us create the future of our talent solutions – enabling our customers to better develop their employees and supervisors. Our lean development process enables our small product oriented teams to innovate, collaborate and bring amazing features to market. Our talent anywhere philosophy nurtures a diverse and dynamic group of colleagues with a shared mission to make great products and have fun doing it.
The Incident Management Team Lead is a critical role in our Technology organization. This key role leads a group of Incident Managers that help to improve our overall client experience by ensuring prompt triage and remediation of incidents. This positions help to ensure that we are prepared to respond and actively reflect on learnings while using metrics to ensure continuous improvement.
This position requires exceptional communication skills, a commitment to exceptional results and a passion for continuous improvement.
Are you the teammate we are looking for?
Who you are:
- Possess a strong passion for continuous improvement through developing automated solutions and repeatable processes
- A superior communicator with an affinity for clarity
- Passionate about quality and controls
- Unflinching in your desire for production stability
- Excited about building teams that are passionate about protecting and restoring the customer experience.
How we work:
- Small, self-sufficient product-oriented teams with an entrepreneurial spirit organized into categories
- Dedicated experts committed to cutting-edge infrastructure and developer tools
- Casual, collaborative, agile environment which embraces and operates under our shared principles
- Complete transparency with open, honest discussions about our progress
- Close working relationship between executive stakeholders, product teams, and operational focused teams
What we offer:
- Lean enabling process that focuses on putting our product teams in the best position to succeed
- A commitment to investing in our products, hiring the best talent, and giving them the chance to meaningfully contribute to a vast market opportunity
- A subscription to an Online Training Forum for all technology colleagues
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in leading complex technology incidents, preferably in a SaaS based environment
- Experience managing and developing teams that are passionate about their mission
- Ability to effectively communicate details of complex issues to stakeholders, business and technical users.
- Analytical skills, with the ability to identify themes within data and make data driven decisions
- Experience working with ITIL principles
- Demonstrated high-level understanding of enterprise software and networking concepts including SaaS technologies, and SDLC.
- Demonstrated capacity to lead under pressure, make decisions in ambiguous situations, and drive cross group consensus in short periods.
During the last three months, you would have:
- Lead a team of incident commanders focused on restoring customer experience
- Set goals for individuals to foster their growth
- Acted as the incident commander during major incidents.
- Developed training programs to ensure when incidents occur everyone is ready
- Facilitated a review of incidents in order to drive improvement
- Improved processes in order to drive positive change in MTTA and MTTR
- Identified gaps in incident processes and helped implement solutions to fill those gaps
- Created and presented monthly performance metrics to technology leadership highlight trends and areas for improvement
- Built and refined run books related to incident resolution
- Working with relevant teams, driving to root cause and ensuring corrective actions are identified and implemented.
- Glassdoor's Employees Choice Award in 2014 and 2017
- 9-time Winner on Chicago Area's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For
- Inc Magazine listed Paylocity as an Inc 5000 Fastest Growing Privately Held Firm from 2007-2013
- Ranked #13 on Built in Chicago Top 100 Digital Companies for 2016
- Ranked #24 on Forbes 2013 List of Top 100 Digital Companies in Chicago
- Ranked #38 on Crain's Fast Fifty List of Chicago's Fastest Growing Companies in 2014
- Ranked #334 on Deloitte's 2014 Technology Fast 500 List of Fastest Growing Companies in North America
This job excludes CO applicants