Information Security Analyst at Hireology
Hireology’s technology empowers businesses to build great teams. Over the last nine years, we’ve grown from a startup to a market-leading organization with over 230 team members and built an award-winning culture that makes this company an amazing place to work. It’s with that in mind that Hireology is looking to add an Information Security Analyst to our Engineering team.
Hireology is seeking an Information Security Analyst. As a member of the Engineering team, you help maintain our information security practices as well as help with compliance-related activities. You will work closely with our engineering and systems teams to ensure we are following best practices, participate in audits and assessments, and help the team understand changes in privacy and security laws.
As our Information Security Analyst you'll be responsible for:
- Monitoring computer networks for security issues
- Investigating security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause
- Work with the security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard
- Stay current on IT security trends and news
- Develop company-wide best practices for IT security
- Perform penetration testing
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management
- Stay up-to-date on privacy and security legislation at both the state and federal level
So what kind of person are we looking for in this role? We have a pretty unique culture here at Hireology, and the person who will be successful in this role will be:
An Effective Communicator: Delivering messages up and down and across the organization requires clarity, diplomacy, and discretion - you will need to demonstrate all of those abilities.
A Person of Integrity: Not negotiable in this role or any at Hireology.
Results Obsessed: You are passionate about measuring and driving demonstrable results through your efforts
Okay, we’ve laid out what the job is - now are you qualified? Below are the minimum qualifications we’re looking for in an Information Security Analyst. Also, we want a chance to get to know who you are and why you applied, so please include a cover letter.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related field
- Advanced degrees in information systems or security is a bonus
- Experience in information security or related field
- Experience with computer network penetration testing and techniques
- Understanding of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus, and IDPS concepts
- Ability to identify and mitigate network vulnerabilities and explain how to avoid them
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding the business impact