Insights Support Engineer
This role will be responsible for debugging application errors, monitoring internal support channel, improving test code coverage and ideally small feature development for the Numerator Insights platform. This is a combination of internal customer support & application development deliverables. As we scale our business edge cases and formal application support is a growing part of our business need for Numerator. This role is meant to be the front line for the engineering team when it comes to new feature roll out and monitoring.
The role requires a unique blend of a technical ability with regards to entry level database query skills and application development coupled with end user white glove treatment. The role requires a highly resourceful individual with service oriented mindset, self-motivation, and strong technical skills.
- Triage Slack channel requests for errors or training needs
- React to potential data errors that need to be triaged for greater issues following releases
- Write release notes for internal team for each sprint
- Help manage up-time issues should we have an incident
- Work on code coverage for the content engineering team
- Build toward Python 3 compatibility and other tech debt projects
- Pick up small non-deadline oriented sprint features
- Build internal tools to enable other consultants to leverage data capabilities
- Undergraduate degree or related industry experience
- 1 year of technical work in SQL & database analysis and schema design
- Basic coding skills for object oriented design patterns
- Ability to run a test integration pipeline & work in Git repo system
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle & role of engineering in it
- Proven ability to: work in a team environment, produce results independently, solve complex problems, exhibit strong judgement, lead and manage through ambiguity
- A track record of creativity and innovative problem solving
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.