IT Analyst I at Walgreens
Performs and implements activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified functional area of IT. Work is received in short term assignments that require application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
- Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified IT work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of Security, Planning & Analysis, Strategy or Operations, such as:
- Creating deep dive analyses to study key area trends.
- Participating in development and enhancement of key programs to optimize consumer awareness, market share, overall efficiencies and support specified work function initiatives.
- Participating in development of new programs and enhancing current programs to meet performance objectives.
- Running ad-hoc analyses to identify and recommend innovative options to drive business strategy.
- Performing research to identify industry trends and best practices.
- Evaluating key area trends and developing/implementing innovative programs/improvements.
- Analyzing performance against departmental objectives.
- Participating in monitoring departmental strategies and objectives.
- Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate elimination of problems / roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
- May participate in the development of budgets for the functional area of responsibility.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Knowledge of project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Knowledge of P&L.
- Experience working in the IT Industry