IT Analyst II at Walgreens
Develops and executes assignments that influence important components / processes of the specified functional area of IT. Assignments are received in short- and mid-term outcomes that are of complex initiatives and regularly require the application of independent judgment and creativity. Operates within the context of approved methods.
- Develops and executes operational activities that impact important components / processes of the specified IT work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of Security, Planning & Analysis, Strategy or Operations, such as:
- Developing and executing assigned high profile plans/programs to enhance/maximize consumer awareness, market share and support specified initiatives.
- Interpreting results and analyzing trends.
- Reviewing alignment of functional area strategies with assumed outcomes.
- Monitoring strategies of functional area and recommending / implementing adjustments.
- Contributing in planning and implementing a broad range of activities to meet objectives.
- Developing tactical plans.
- Preparing related program budgets.
- Participating in development of programs that establish and enhance standards.
- Identifying and establishing relationships with internal/external partners.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develops and enhances processes to support established standards. May design specifications of assigned projects and may lead in implementation.
- Ensures that defects in assigned projects or programs are tracked, summarized and presented to management. Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions.
- Participates in the development of business approaches and new or enhanced processes.
- Provides subject matter expertise to less experienced team members. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
External Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and at least 1 year of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations OR High school / GED and at least 4 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Knowledge of project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Master’s Degree or MBA
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).