Performs and implements activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified functional area of IT. Work is received in short term assignments that require application of autonomous judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
Job Responsibilities :
• Performs and implements daily operational activities that impact discrete components / processes of the specified IT work function, and may include responsibilities in the area of Security, Planning & Analysis, Plan or Operations, such as:
• Creating deep dive analyses to study key area trends.
• Participating in development and enhancement of key programs to optimize consumer awareness, market share, overall efficiencies and support specified work function initiatives.
• Participating in development of new programs and enhancing current programs to meet performance objectives.
• Running ad-hoc analyses to identify and recommend innovative options to drive business plan.
• Performing research to identify industry trends and best practices. • Evaluating key area trends and developing/implementing innovative programs/improvements.
• Analyzing performance against departmental objectives.
• Participating in monitoring departmental strategies and goals.
• Identifies and determines likely reasons for problematic causes. Prepares accurate documentation and communication to effectively facilitate elimination of problems / roadblocks as they occur and create efficient fixes.
• May participate in the development of budgets for the functional area of responsibility.
• Collaborates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
• Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's degree OR High school / GED and at least 3 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community & with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
• Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations OR High school / GED and at least 5 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations.
• Master’s Degree or MBA.
• Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
• Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
• Knowledge of project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
• Knowledge of P&L.
• Experience working in the IT Industry.