IT Developer II
The resource should be able to enable process automation for various IT functions within the Walgreens Pharmacy Division. Develops software applications solutions of intermediate complexity, for all or part of an assigned project. Solutions, codes, tests, debugs, and documents applications systems to achieve the objectives of the client group relative to identified components supporting the Pharmacy.
Implements activities that impact important components / processes of the functional area. Work is received short- and mid-term assignments that are important / complicated undertakings that require a comprehensive understanding of the organization's current web-based applications, coding languages, tools and regularly require the application of independent judgment.
- Works on complex projects of intermediate complexity, and leverages knowledge of applications development methodologies, hardware characteristics, and other technologies to produce comprehensive solutions, within the agreed quality, service commitment levels, schedules and budgets.
- Actively involved in the daily operational activities that generally impact important components / processes of the technology function, including but not limited to writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software, typically for large, complex or leading edge sites, products and programs. developing software applications and tools.
- Maintains and supports existing, and develops new applications and tools.
- Contributes to software design.
- Evaluates compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
- Develops protocols to support established standards.
- Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- May mentor less experienced members of the team.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor’s Degree and at least 4 years of experience application development and maintenance OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 7 years of application development experience.
- At least 2 years of experience developing and writing requirement specifications.
- At least 2 years of experience with software programming languages, coding standards.
- Experience working with standard test tools and the testing processes.
- Knowledge of technical design process and models.
- Experience with SDLC / SW development processed, such as RUP, Agile, and/or Waterfall.
- Experience using analytical skills, tools and techniques to investigate information and to draw conclusions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IS, Mathematics or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
- Experience with software development practices.
- Experience in monitoring tools such as IBM APM, Graphite, Grafana, ELK
- Knowledge on UI Based or similar automation tools