IT Functional Manager, Problem Management Rx Platform Operations at Walgreens
Develops and implements activities that guide the direction of the specified functional area of IT. Assignments are received in short- and mid-term outcomes that are critical in nature and of highly complex, and strategic that may require the use of innovation and creativity. Operates within the context of defined operating outcomes. Manages vendors, complex processes/programs and/or has responsibility/accountability for a size-able budget. Owns the Problem Management function for the Rx Platform Operations and problem metrics for each vendor contracts. In addition, will be responsible for running bi-weekly meetings with Rx Platform leadership to review all PBI that caused P1, P2, P3, or P4. Will track action from PBI root cause action to completion and prioritize the PBIs KE as needed. The candidate will need to be an expert on the PBI process and will be responsible for creating and rolling out training for new teams.
Job Responsibilities• Develops and implements operational activities that have moderate to significant impact on the direction of the specified functional area of IT and/or the organization, and may include responsibilities in the area of Security, Planning & Analysis, Strategy or Operations, such as: • Developing the highly- complex or industry- approaches to drive the development of broad reaching programs/designs. • Defining, deploying and institutionalizing functional area research approaches and related knowledge basis.• Forecasting and assessing industry trends and their impact on designs and methods of the specified functional area. • Establishing research guidelines, best practices and standards. • Analyzing, summarizing and presenting results to functional teams and decision makers. • Serving on the of the specified functional area team for highly important initiatives. • Developing programs that establish and enhance standards. • Interpreting highly complex results and analyzing trends. • Identifying and establishing relationships with internal/external partners• Performs as the subject matter expert for the specified functional area and may become activelyinvolved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.• Develops highly complex programs that establish and enhance standards. Develops the specifications of highly complex projects and may perform as implementation project lead.• Determines business approaches and/or develops major new technical tools.• Sharescomplex information related to areas of expertise and/or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced business solutions. "Evangelizes" new ideas/solutions to gain acceptance from a wide range of audiences• Develops business approaches and new or enhanced processes.• Guides and mentors a wide range of audiences. May provide subject matter expertise to the business. May participate in teaching and training members of the work team.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in Finance, IT, Strategy, Analytics, and/or Operations.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Travel domestically and/or internationally may be required.
- Master’s Degree or MBA.
- Experience working with P&L.
- Experience working in the IT Industry.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.