SDI Presence LLC is an IT managed services provider (MSP) and consultancy that leverages its strong team presence to advance our clients to a secure digital enterprise. With a 20-year corporate resume, SDI delivers strategic managed services, IT consulting, and hybrid infrastructure solutions to optimize our clients’ technology environments. SDI is a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), with a portfolio of clients that includes some of the nation’s largest airports, utilities, commercial real estate portfolios, and government agencies. SDI delivers a deep technical presence through a local delivery model to achieve customer confidence and success. Visit us at www.sdipresence.com and connect with us on Twitter and Instagram.
The IT Manager is responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the corporate information technology infrastructure. The position will require working with servers, network switches, storage, software, Cloud systems, desktops, laptops and mobile devices as well as other technologies to support the organization. This position provides daily administrative tasks, support tasks, and project work. This position requires occasional after hours or weekend work to apply patches and fixes for vulnerabilities discovered within the environment.
The candidate will be responsible for overall systems administration which requires proficiency in several disciplines. The candidate will be required to support an environment with both physical and virtual servers, onsite and cloud systems. The candidate will be required to work with Microsoft core technologies across the entire organization such as Windows Server, Active Directory, Hyper-V, Office365 Email and office Suite, SharePoint, Exchange Online and others.
The candidate will perform daily administrative tasks on the infrastructure as well as work on projects and provide end user support when required. Candidate will be required to maintain and continually improve the environment to provide the highest levels of service to a local and remote user base.
The candidate will also be required to assess performance of systems and make adjustments, provide capacity planning and growth projections, assist with end-user support, and perform software installs and upgrades.
The candidate will be required to maintain the operation of various sites. Business operation demands 24/7/365 continuous up time so candidate must be able to perform overtime when needed which includes holidays and weekends. Continuously changing software and hardware platforms require ongoing training and self-directed learning to maintain skill set. Based on the functions of the Systems Administrator position the candidate will have Admin level rights and access to sensitive and confidential information and must exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality at all times.
A successful candidate for this position will be able to demonstrate excellent technical skills, proficiency with design, implementation and support of enterprise solutions, and exhibit strong project management and communication skills.
The candidate must pose a superior knowledge as well as be able to demonstrate their technical proficiency in Microsoft Systems technologies with experience in managing small to medium enterprise level environments. The candidate must have a solid understanding of standard client/server, networking, and Internet fundamentals. The candidate should be able to troubleshoot all aspects of Microsoft technologies effectively and understand the product flow patch management, software distribution and logging in detail. Applicants should also have similar skills in Active Directory Services.
The IT Manager will report to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Plan and execute the rollout of changes
- Download and deploy MS patches using WSUS or other automated utilities
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning
- Performs system maintenance activities, including monitoring parameters, maintaining security/quality assurance and controlling access
- Responds to user requests and system operation issues,
- Determine and implement best practices for the, configuration, administration, and support of Microsoft Technologies
- Provide support for Microsoft Server Operating Systems, and Active Directory
- Ensure that customer systems are available and performing within their Service Level Agreement
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10 years of experience working with Microsoft technologies in a medium distributed enterprise environment, minimum 5 years working with Microsoft servers
- MCITP or Equivalent Certification or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of Active Directory, Windows GPO, WINS, DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP and commands
- Experience with all recent versions of Windows Server up to and including 2019, Microsoft System Center suite, Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 operating systems, desktops, print servers, printers, MFDs, plotters, Java, Adobe, Hyper-V. VMware experience a plus (vCenter, vSphere, application virtualization, desktop virtualization, VMware View)
- Experience with scripting (PowerShell, VBScript or other language) and automating routine infrastructure tasks
- Extensive knowledge of computer/network systems infrastructure requirements and standards, standard software package and patch deployment methodologies, standard change control processes within enterprise size corporations
- Experience with Monitoring Applications such as SolarWinds, Microsoft Service Center Operations Manager (SCOM), etc.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices and use of issue/problem tracking systems
- Ability to stay detail-oriented in a fast-paced setting and adapt to changing priorities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization
- Results oriented and self-motivated with the ability to take ownership of IT projects
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously while dealing with frequent interruptions
- Ability to perform routine server maintenance or network emergencies during non-business hours, evenings and on the weekend
- Develop comprehensive process, planning, testing, and implementation documentation for technologies related to enterprise class infrastructure and applications
- Evaluate and test system upgrades, installs and upgrade system software applications, troubleshoots hardware/software related problems and monitors overall systems performance to ensure system upgrade objectives
- Prepares and presents status reports and technical presentations to various audiences
- Leadership skills with an ability to work with teams in a collaborative way
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.