IT Support Coordinator at PerkSpot
Work directly with America's best employers to bring joy to millions of employees!
Note: At PerkSpot, the safety and wellness of our employees is our top priority. To provide our employees with the support they may need to maintain their personal health and wellness, our office is open and available for those employees who are interested in using it. Our long term goal is for PerkSpot employees to return to our Chicago office, however working remotely will be an option until everyone is comfortable, and it is 100% safe for all to return.
Hi, welcome to PerkSpot. We’re looking for a super helpful IT Support Coordinator to join our team and provide tech assistance to our many employees, who work on a platform that services employees at some of the largest companies in America.
At PerkSpot, we are all about our tech, which means that it has to be running properly. Our IT team is essential in that they work diligently to ensure all of our systems are running at their best. Without our internal IT team, every single department in PerkSpot would suffer, which is why each of our team members are hardworking, organized, and excellent problem solvers.
PerkSpot is an employee benefits company that works with America’s top employers to offer exclusive discounts, rewards, and recognition to millions of employees. These exclusive perks and savings are a great recruitment and retention tool that allows employees to take advantage of unique opportunities and feel great about the company they work for. We help employees from over 1,000 companies like Spotify, Walgreens, McDonald's, and Lyft save on everything from gym memberships and movie tickets to electronics, new cars, and travel.
Profitable and growing, our company was founded in 2006 by good people with a great vision, and we’re carrying on the work they started. In 2018, our company was proud to announce an additional investment of $50 million dollars from Susquehanna Growth Equity. As we continue to grow, we’re excited about our leadership position in the industry, but we’re also committed to doing more - developing better products, reaching more employers, and getting more employees engaged with our platform. Our passion is to make every place a great place to work, starting with our own. We’re a big platform, but a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than you’d have anywhere else and invest in your success and growth more than any other employer.
Meet the IT Support Team
The IT Support team is charged with making sure all of PerkSpot’s systems and equipment are running properly. From onboarding to training to team meetings, every PerkSpot employee must feel connected - especially in a remote environment. It is for that reason that our IT team is at the backbone of what we do, because they set the tone for our day-to-day operations - the entire firm runs only as well as the IT team runs.
Life as an IT Support Coordinator:
- Managing tech inventory for new hires - taking charge of their account setup, onboarding, and technichal orientation
- Assisting with networking and physical workspace set up (when we’re back in the office, of course)
- Addressing employee needs regarding program functionality and troubleshooting in an effective and efficient manner
- Participate in upcoming migrations for PerkSpot employee systems (VMware Workspace ONE to Intune, Google Drive to OneDrive, etc.)
- Identifying new tech needs and process improvements and learning to champion your ideas to leadership
- Strategizing ways to help PerkSpot run more effectively by growing the technical capacity of the organization
- Assisting with long-term IT Ops projects as assigned
- Attending regular team and staff meetings to address feedback, changes, and ideas
- Documenting processes and quantifying effort to track the changing needs of the department
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in internal or customer-facing tech support/administration, ideally within a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or similar field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience with setting up new users, troubleshooting tech issues, and remote assistance
- Experience supporting or managing the tools we use everyday: VMware Workspace ONE UEM/Airwatch (or Meraki/Jamf), Office365, AzureAD, VOIP systems, Ubiquiti UniFi, JIRA, Slack/Zoom/Teams, etc.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with proven documentation and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and dedicated approach to problem-solving
- Positive, helpful attitude and a collaborative, team-oriented mindset
- Ability to work autonomously and manage your own workload, while meeting strict deadlines
- Proven understanding of PerkSpot’s values as a whole and a willingness to work hard to achieve overall company goals
What will REALLY help you stick out:
- Experience/proficiency in any of the following: Microsoft AutoPilot, SCCM/MDT(System Center Configuration Manager), MDT (Microsoft Deployment Toolkit), and/or PowerShell; administering O365/Exchange or Azure AD.
Your First Few Months
Beginning on your first day, you’ll work closely with the rest of the IT team to learn and understand PerkSpot’s tech operations. From there, you will begin answering support tickets, handling equipment inventory, and facilitating onboarding/offboarding. In time, you will learn how to troubleshoot all tech issues that come up on our staff, while working with the rest of the team to plan and execute a massive infrastructure build out. Bottom line? The work you do as the IT Support Coordinator will serve to improve and affect the employees at PerkSpot for years to come.
The Perks of Working at PerkSpot
We’re a big platform, but still a small team. That means we’re going to trust you with more responsibility than elsewhere, and invest in you more. You’re going to grow – a lot. We work out of our office in Chicago’s River North neighborhood. When we are in the office, we dress how we like, encourage flexible hours and an open time-off policy, stock a good beer selection, and we’re pretty obsessive about our coffee. Most of all, we welcome good people with lots of energy and enthusiasm.
PerkSpot offers the full suite of benefits you’d expect from a profitable, established company, including health and dental insurance, a generous parental leave policy, 401(k), pre-tax transit benefits, and fully-funded disability coverage. We have in-office bike storage, a private gym, and a shower on-site.
We hold weekly company get-togethers where we learn from what went wrong and celebrate what went right. Every week at PerkSpot, we aim a little higher and get a little bit better than the previous week.
Because we consider every member of our team to be a fundamental part of our success, we encourage everyone to be invested in our success, regardless of their position. We want every one of our employees to think like an owner: put in the effort to exceed expectations, solve problems before they come up, and always go the extra mile. It’s this drive to succeed that makes PerkSpot such an interactive and fulfilling place to work.
How to Apply
All applications will be kept strictly confidential. Please submit a resume AND cover letter (we know it is old school, but a cover letter is very important to us) telling us how you stack up to the qualifications, plus any other information you feel would be relevant to PerkSpot. Don’t be afraid to show your spark and personality!
All positions require a full background screening.
Offering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is a priority at PerkSpot. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.