Lead Cybersecurity Corporate Analyst at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
As part of the Business Technology Cybersecurity Exam Management team, you will assist in managing and processing exams directed towards BT Cybersecurity as well as reporting and tracking all findings to closure. This position will work with other BT Cybersecurity teams in ensuring all possible options are considered prior to processing the request, which includes assessing and documenting formal risk. In addition, this position will manage, report metrics with stakeholders. This individual will work closely with all areas of the business and technology including, infrastructure, engineering, architecture, operations and application teams. This role must be able to understand security standards and interpret their applicability to technologies and systems at Discover.
Supports efforts to implement and maintain processes for responding to evidence requests and tracking remediation of risk findings. Collaborates with oversight groups and technical teams to facilitate effective communication. Monitors and reports progress toward, or impediments to meet, committed deadlines.
- Leads analytical project execution to meet specific business requirements and timelines. Collaborates with cross-functional departments to achieve project objectives.
- Prepares requirements to department leadership and senior management on a range of governance, regulatory, audit, risk management framework, controls, and compliance matters. Coordinates meetings with the leadership, management, and multiple BT areas and CRM to ensure the mitigation of the operational risk.
- Gathers, documents, and reviews evidence and data for accuracy to achieve risk mitigation and controls effectiveness. Participates in compiling management’s corrective action plan evidence package for closure.
- Implements Cybersecurity findings in the Archer system. Works closely with team leads to report control deficiencies as issues in the action plans in Archer and addresses the root cause of the issues.
- Performs due diligence on findings and controls, as directed by management. Engages technical teams and recommends effective resolution and quality remediation methodology to ensure successful closure.
- Compiles an extensive and comprehensive list of requirements to automate the risk remediation assurance workflow and implements the platform design to certify the correct integration into the Service Now application.
- Deploys and maintains the automated risk remediation assurance workflow in Service Now system for centralized tracking and reporting of all identified units of risk, and collaborates with BT management to remediate potential vulnerabilities.
- Supports the financial planning process, and collaborates with the department management and leads as necessary.
- Works closely with management to define and promote the strategic direction of the department.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- 4+ years of experience in Information Security, IT, Computer Science, or related field
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, IT, Computer Science, or related field
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.