Lead Information Security Assessor
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
The Information Security Program Office (ISPO) is responsible for the overall leadership, coordination, and governance of the Information Security Management Program. In this role, the ISPO team effectively challenges the status quo across the organization to ensure the appropriate management of risk.
- Manages Information Security risk-acceptance requests are adequately documented, approved, and tracked.
- Provides guidance on information security requirements for third parties, business partners, or vendors.
- Identifies inherent information security risks resulting from business operations.
- Advises business and technology teams concerning information security risks and compensating controls that balance risk with project implementation.
- Reframes the way business partners view information security in their business and promotes it as a value proposition. Provides alternative options to business partners by translating emerging IT and business trends into risks and opportunities.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Risk Management, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Information or Cybersecurity
- In lieu of a degree, 6+ years of experience in Information or Cybersecurity
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 4+ years of experience in Information or Cybersecurity
- Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP, CISA)
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.