Lead Network Management Analyst at Discover
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
This role can be 100% remote with occasional travel
Responsible for circuit provisioning according to contractual agreements, creating, maintaining and auditing the corporate circuit inventory, as well as telecom expense management including telecom budget and forecasting, financial review and reporting, invoice validation and reconciliation. This position will be accountable for developing and continuously improving all process associated with these duties.
- Responsible for the gathering of data for new projects and initiatives. Interfaces directly with vendors to order all Carrier circuits components ensuring diversity where available. Reviews circuit work orders and create entries in online systems for new circuits or changes to existing circuits. Manages all aspects of circuit orders from order execution to delivery including, but not limited to: installation dates, costs, demarcation issues, managing all circuit disconnects, etc. Develops, maintains, and audits telecom circuits inventory database. Works closely with network engineers to confirm services have been properly authorized and delivered by suppliers.
- Responsible for telecom circuit budget and quarterly reforecast efforts with expertise of past results and future expectations. Prepares monthly detailed reports of all circuit cost components associated with each network endpoint. Completes discretion to remedy billing discrepancies without escalation. Performs invoice analysis to identify errors, discrepancies, and opportunities for cost savings. Analyzes invoices against signed contracts, order forms, and internal monitoring tools to verify that all charges are valid, or that corrections can be made (retroactively if necessary). Responsible for the allocation of monthly recurring spend process definition and execution. Identifies and implements automation processes and billing audit improvements to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Participates as a consultative, influential team member in multimillion dollar telecom carrier RFP process and selection. In addition and applicable, provide feedback to any vendor management scorecards.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field
- 6+ years’ experience with managing telecom invoices, contracts, carrier portals, and tariffs or related
- 4+ years Global/International telecom experience or related
- 6+ years In depth experience with wireline and wireless telecom service components, provisioning and associated billing elements across multiple vendors/carriers or related
- 6+ years experience with General Accounting or related
- 1 year ServiceNow experience
- 1 year of Ariba experience
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.