Lead Security Systems & Equipment Specialist at Discover
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
As a Lead Security Systems & Equipment Specialist, you’ll be a member of Discover’s Enterprise Security Systems & Equipment team working directly with Enterprise Security Operations, Enterprise Security Programs, and the Security & Intelligence Operations Center (SIOC). You’ll contribute to the overall Enterprise Security domestic & international mission with specific regional responsibilities at our Headquarters location and 2 Chicago offices. You’ll work closely with our internal partners in Business Technology (BT) and Facilities as well as our security vendors. Specific responsibilities will include driving the strategy of security operations/programs, overseeing security systems/equipment projects, and aiding in the selection and oversight of security related vendors.
- Manages systems programs.
- Ensures compliance with final tests and acceptance of systems.
- Leads systems projects. Defines requirements, goals and objectives, and coordinates with stakeholders to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Develops and maintains a suite of integrators, administers contracts, and manages performance. Reviews and approves invoices for vendors.
- Proactively researches, designs, develops, and implements solutions for systems, upgrades, repairs, and change-outs.
- Develops procedures, implements performance requirements, develops metrics, and implements optimization strategies.
- Conducts security and equipment process reviews. Ensures compliance with systems standards.
- Researches, analyzes, and tests systems to continually optimize operations.
- Develops and maintains inventory, and refreshes schedules for systems and equipment.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Engineering, Computer Science, or Business-related field
- 4+ years of experience; minimum of 3 years working with Security Technologies and Systems, or equivalent experience.
- In lieu of a degree, 10+ years of experience; minimum of 3 years working with Security Technologies and Systems, or equivalent experience; minimum of 5 years working with security systems or security operations.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- 2+ years of experience in project management
- CPP, PSP, PMP, or related certification
- Experience with the integration/interfacing of security systems including , but not limited to Genetec & CCure
- Comprehension of computer networking and client-server architecture
- Ability to prepare solution design artifacts including system/application architecture and business process diagrams
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.