Lead Systems Analyst
Discover. A more rewarding way to work.
At Discover Financial Services, you’ll find yourself in the company of some of the industry’s smartest and most reliable professionals. And at a company that rewards dedication, values innovation and supports growth.
Thrive in an environment that promotes teamwork and shared success. Build on a foundation of mutual respect. Join the company that understands rewarding careers like no other, with this exceptional opportunity:
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee-focused as it is on its customers and is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people, and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Designs and develops solutions to complex applications problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Leads technical efforts and liaise with the vendor to support, integrate, and maintain test automation tools. Responsible for technical QA delivery platform of new capabilities to support continuous integration or continuous delivery in support of applications integrating with Jenkins. Works with other internal information technology teams to complete project activities, such as Infrastructure, Architecture and Database teams and serve as the technical project lead for internal projects, overseeing and reviewing the activities. Acts as technical resource and participate in the change management review and problem incident report discussions. Implements capacity management as business practice for release environment management team, working with other middleware and infrastructure teams.
- Build and Maintain tools for frictionless environment management experience.
- Execute and look for opportunities to optimize the Release Management environments to provide a quality test environment to our customers.
- Perform root-cause analysis of defects to identify and implement solutions and process improvements
- Ensure our test environments are Security Compliant
- Automate the deployment, scaling, and management of Test Environments using the CICD infrastructure.
- Drive zero defect quality and provide details on quality issues, trends and preventive actions
- Requires the ability to lead work groups formed by several disparate teams
- Work closely with multiple teams in an agile environment and provide mentorship to other team members when needed
- Display an entrepreneurial mind set and seek practical ‘out of box’ solution
- Performs root cause analysis and problem solving involving various infrastructure, such as databases, middleware platforms, and vendor applications across test environments.
- Analyzes existing procedures. Develops recommendations for improvements and strives to automate manual processes for existing tools and operations
- Provides support for users of test environment (development team and other partner groups) for a particular application systems, such as Modes and ALM.
- Participates in planning and implementation of project code deployments and Infrastructure updates to Test environments with minimal intervention to testing.
- Collaborates with Test Planners, Test Leads and QAs to understand project and test requirements and consults for appropriate test environment needs. Tests entrance readiness, applications making changes, codes overlaps across all projects testing in the same release/environment, quality center structure, test planning and test plans as appropriate etc.
- Collaborates with Test Automation, CICD teams to improve automation capabilities.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, and Engineering, or related field
- 2+ years of experience in Application Development and Testing or in Infrastructure/Middleware support, or related field
- In lieu of a degree, 4+ years of experience in Application Development and Testing or in Infrastructure/Middleware support, or related field
- 8+ years of IT experience as a combination of development, release or system engineering.
- Ability to understand high level software and system architecture.
- Experience in governing both waterfall as well as Agile/DevOps project lifecycles.
- Experience with automation tools and strong ability to choose the best tools and solutions for the release/environment management function.
- Experience on managing operations of online and batch oriented applications
- Knowledge of ITIL standards and best practices
- 2+ years of experience on mainframe code (COBOL), JCL , DB2, CICS, VSAM, MQ, QMF, CLIST, Endevor, Smartis, and OPC Scheduler.
- 2+ years strong project management skills with accountability for end-to-end delivery.
- Effective root cause identification, triage and mitigation
- Effective communication skills and the ability to engage partner teams effectively
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Java Certified
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
And by the way, while you’re waiting to hear from us, don’t forget to check out the great benefits Discover offers.
Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, among other things, or as a qualified individual with a disability.
So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!